Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Janish= SS of Future?

Re: Janish= SS of Future?

Valaika has played a majority at SS. He has 200+ at bats as a SS and just 12 as a DH.

Milton Loo only has 5 at bats as a SS, everything else coming as a DH and PH

2. Turn Off Ads?

Janish played with Chatanooga, AA, tonight.

Valaika might be looking good, but I would hold off touting him as the SS of the future until he shows he can do something against competition above rookie ball.
    Brings back so many good Rosales memories. He was such a beast last year!

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

With the money we will be saving on some of the contracts that are and/or will be gone in the next year or two, I would say that the ss of the future is either at 2b right noe or is not on the team yet.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Janish played with Chatanooga, AA, tonight.
    And got a couple of hits. I wonder if this was temporary or not... Jeff Bannon was demoted from AAA when Brendan Harris joined the Bats, so with Harris recalled they may have pushed Bannon back up and created the spot.

Sarasota's closer, lefty Jan Granado, is also now listed on the Lookouts roster.

(The S-Reds only have four games left in their season- it's over on Sunday.)

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    And got a couple of hits. I wonder if this was temporary or not... Jeff Bannon was demoted from AAA when Brendan Harris joined the Bats, so with Harris recalled they may have pushed Bannon back up and created the spot.

Sarasota's closer, lefty Jan Granado, is also now listed on the Lookouts roster.

(The S-Reds only have four games left in their season- it's over on Sunday.)
    I assumed they called him up to help in the playoffs.
    "I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

Bannon is still in Chattanooga, he hit a HR last night. They are doing a lot of shuffling though. I listened to last night's game, they said the Lookouts were playing with 22 guys, which was better than the 20 they had the night before. They lost a couple of pitchers, Shafer has been shut down and Coutlangus was promoted to AAA, presumably to fill the spots of today's callups. They were expecting some callups from Sarasota today to help fill out the roster.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Bannon is still in Chattanooga, he hit a HR last night. They are doing a lot of shuffling though. I listened to last night's game, they said the Lookouts were playing with 22 guys, which was better than the 20 they had the night before. They lost a couple of pitchers, Shafer has been shut down and Coutlangus was promoted to AAA, presumably to fill the spots of today's callups. They were expecting some callups from Sarasota today to help fill out the roster.
    Coutlangus had an ERA below 2, then gave up seven runs in his last outing. Then got promoted. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Davis View Post
    I know he was drafted at SS, but started off the season playing 2B with Rojo at SS.
    Your move for Rojo. Rojo does not move for you.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Brings back so many good Rosales memories. He was such a beast last year!
    Agreed... age relative to league is incredibly important. I laughed to myself when many on this board proclaimed Rosales one of our best prospects.

College hitters/pitchers especially should dominate the lower levels of pro ball. Thats why I temper my enthusiasm for college prospects like Ward and Kevin Slowley until they do it at the upper levels(AA & above). I still don't think Krivs and Co. saw Ward as anything more than a reliever at the ML Level - and thats why they felt they could deal him. I do not neccessarily agree with that assessment, but Ward was only doing what he should have been doing the whole time. Same with Kevin Slowley, though he has adjusted well to AA and his K rate is still holding up pretty well. Just remember with college guys, temper your enthusiasm until they do it in the upper levels.

Anyway, age relative to league is what makes the performances and projections of prospects such as Delmon Young, BJ Upton(aside the D), Justin Upton, Jay Bruce, Homer Bailey, Phil Hughes, Nick Adenhart, Anthony Swarzak, Matt Cain, Felix Hernandez, Chad Billingsley, Cole Hamels, Jeremy Hermida, Carlos Gomez, Lastings Milledge, Andrew McCutchen, Eric Campbell, Prince Fielder, JJ Hardy, Scott Elbert, Matt Kemp, Nick Markakis, Hayden Penn, Adam Miller, Grady Sizemore, Bobby Jenks, Joel Zumaya, Cameron Maybin, Billy Butler, Francisco Liriano, Scott Kazmir, Brandon Wood, Daric Barton, Andy Marte, etc etc.. that much more meaningful. If you're putting up gaudy numbers against older competition, thats a good indicator of future success.

I could go on and on all day long listing guys who are doing incredible things and are not old for their league... but there are 2 particular stand outs when talking about age relative to league: Fernando Martinez and Jose Tabata. Especially these two since they are sooooooooo young for their league, and their performances are so dominant... simply special.
    Last edited by cincyinco; 09-02-2006 at 03:29 PM.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?