Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cards might go afetr Reggie Sanders if he clears waivers! Reds should block!

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Re: Cards might go afetr Reggie Sanders if he clears waivers! Reds should block!

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    Sanders will probably OPS .850 for the Cards if they pick him up. Players seem to do that when they get to St Louis.
    Even so, they may as well pay the guy 5M instead of the minimum and get guys like Duncan to OPS 1.000.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cards might go afetr Reggie Sanders if he clears waivers! Reds should block!

I'd rather not make the playoffs without Reggie Sanders than make the playoffs with Reggie Sanders.

Been down that road before.

2 for 16 with 10 Ks.

If the Cards want to pay him that much, they can have him.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan
    I'd rather not make the playoffs without Reggie Sanders than make the playoffs with Reggie Sanders.

Been down that road before.

2 for 16 with 10 Ks.
    You've got to be kidding me. If Sanders can help us get to the playoffs and Castellini is willing to pay the extra dosh, then why not? It's been eleven damned years. I could care less what Reggie did against Atlanta in 1995.

I would prefer we didn't sign him, but if we did and he helped us, then good for the ballclub.

Reggie Sanders is due to make $5 million guaranteed next season, but if the Kansas City Royals are willing to pick up a sizable piece of that cost...
    The above statement was part of the original premise and that was part of my affirmative response. Besides, Reggie has proven to be a lucky charm for teams in the past. If we'd have to eat much of his 2007 salary, I don't know that I would do it, although, it's not a dealbreaker. I like a Reggie Sanders as sort of a player/role model/coach with our club (and that's not a huge factor either).

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    Everyone seems to play better when they get to St. Louis though. Something in the water.
    See Mark Molder, Ponson, Weaver, Looper. Should I go on?
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    Not sure i'd risk a $5 price tag for a guy that may not be a difference maker to the Cards.
    That's a great point. Soriano yes, Green Maybe, Sanders :thumbdown

If the Cardinals should go after anybody on the Royals I would say Grudzielanek. JMO.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

We're pretty much through with St. Louis for the year. We might catch them for the Central division title it is still very much a race. But we need to start solidifying the Wild Card starting with sweeping Pittsburgh this weekend hopefully. And if St. Louis gets stronger and beats up the other Wild Card contenders all the better for us!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I'd rather the Reds take Paul Lynde to block. They have enough outfielders.

cards will aquire preston wilson from houston, edmonds may be on the shelf for a while wilson needs work, mark it down

Man Pills

Yeah, I wouldn't mind picking up Sanders, but I feel the Wayne Krivsky Ship of Fools has reached capacity.

I really wish we would have gone after either one of Preston Wilson and/or Reggie Sanders instead of getting Todd Hollandsworth, but it may have been a mute points or maybe the team wouldn't have dealt with us, it just my two cents.

I would love to see Reggie backs in a Reds uni because I love that guy. But a pricey tag may make it difficult for the Reds. He would be a great player off the bench to play for Freel when he needs days off.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    The above statement was part of the original premise and that was part of my affirmative response. Besides, Reggie has proven to be a lucky charm for teams in the past. If we'd have to eat much of his 2007 salary, I don't know that I would do it, although, it's not a dealbreaker. I like a Reggie Sanders as sort of a player/role model/coach with our club (and that's not a huge factor either).
    He's done wonders for the Royals.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Somewhat reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    He's done wonders for the Royals.
    Bad example. It's not like KC was a team on the verge of contending, and they brought Reggie in to push them over the top.
    The knack to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Turn Off Ads?