Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Free Agents

Re: 2007 Free Agents

If I had Wayno powers this offseason my attack plan would like something like this:

-Sign Hunter, sit Griffey down and explain what is best for the team (remember he's the a "team guy" as we've been told all these years, and move him to RF

-Go after Castillo, with the move of BP to SS or as a backup plan a cheap Jerry Hairston Jr.

-As mentioned earlier one of the following Bradford/Riske

-One of the following Ohka/Davis, D.

(Short contracts for all [no more than three years])

-Celebrate the ensuing NL Central Pennant

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran
    If I had Wayno powers this offseason my attack plan would like something like this:

-Sign Hunter, sit Griffey down and explain what is best for the team (remember he's the a "team guy" as we've been told all these years, and move him to RF

-Go after Castillo, with the move of BP to SS or as a backup plan a cheap Jerry Hairston Jr.

-As mentioned earlier one of the following Bradford/Riske

-One of the following Ohka/Davis, D.

(Short contracts for all [no more than three years])

-Celebrate the ensuing NL Central Pennant
    That's funny as I was reading this I was also listening to the great song by Traffic you know the one that starts "Dear Mr. Fantasy..."
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

George Grande wants Jim Edmonds to join the Reds. I want pitching, pitching, and more pitching. I'd like to see a big name like Jason Schmidt join the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by reds77
    George Grande wants Jim Edmonds to join the Reds. I want pitching, pitching, and more pitching. I'd like to see a big name like Jason Schmidt join the Reds.
    Me too, but with everyone else also needing it, Schmidt would probably cost $60 Million for 4 years. That is if he would even play in Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123
    Me too, but with everyone else also needing it, Schmidt would probably cost $60 Million for 4 years. That is if he would even play in Cincy.
    Id pay that. I think he'd be worth every penny for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    Id pay that. I think he'd be worth every penny for this team.
    A guy like Schmidt is clearly what this team needs and I would pay that before paying $5 Million a year for some one like Gil Meche or Joel Piniero. He would have a positive domino effect on the pen and the other starters, I just don't see him holding up for 4 years. If they could get him for 2 or even 3 years, I am right with you. I just think he is clearly the top guy out there (and the only true number 1 in my opinion) and the Yankees and Red Sox need pitching. Why would he come here unless we way overpaid? $15 Million a year may only get us even with those guys. We'll need to give the extra year or bump the money to convince him to choose Cincinnati.

If they can't get Schmidt, I sign Hunter and try the trade route for a middle rotation Starter. (Probably need to trade prospect and exchange bad contracts - Larue maybe).

Bump. Saw a few were looking for it on other posts.

roborobor

Ibanez over Cameron. Raul has good deffensive speed and a bat with pop. But pitching should be priority number #1.

Quote Originally Posted by isaiahbarney View Post
    Bump. Saw a few were looking for it on other posts.
    ""

Who wants to bet that the relievers next year are going to get way too much money? As in crazy money. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Who wants to bet that the relievers next year are going to get way too much money? As in crazy money. No thanks.
    They got crazy money this past year and they got big value on trade market. I think you are absolutely correct here. And I think it plays bigtime into the Kearns/Lopez deal and why we paid more for the Bray/Maj duo. We have both guys for a number of years. Along with Coffey, that is a nice little core to build a pen around for next three seasons, despite how Maj did once he came over.

I'd like to see the Reds trade for Mike Maroth personally. I know he was injured this year, but he's put up some decent numbers though.

Other guys the Reds should have a interest in dealing for...
    A right handed power bat-> I'm not sure who's available, but I think it's something we need to invest in. Perhaps a Juan Riviera or someone?
    A flame-thrower (both bullpen and starter)-> I'm not quite sure who'd we have to deal or to whom we should deal with but getting two pitchers who can throw harder than 94 and are good K pitchers, is something the Reds should really look for.
    A closer->This is something we're going to desperately need if we acquire ground ball pitching and assemble good defensive players.
    A secondbaseman/shortstop->Is Luis Rivas available? Follows Kriv's "ex-twins" and gives us good 2b defense.

The list goes on, but there are alot of wholes on this team that the offseason, spring training and before the trade deadline could fix.

No matter what else we do...

we need a CF.
    Griffey has to move to RF or LF ( if we trade Dunn ).
    The CF could be Freel but not for 162 games.
    Signing someone like Tori Hunter, Mike Cameron, Kenny Lofton, Dave Roberts or making a trade for a full time or part time ( with Freel ) CF is a must.

What else we do depends on if we keep Dunn or trade Dunn ( and who we trade him for ).

- Will

I would sign Kenny Lofton to a 1-2 yr contract and possibly sign Gagne to an incentive laden deal.

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg- View Post
    I would sign Kenny Lofton to a 1-2 yr contract and possibly sign Gagne to an incentive laden deal.
    Yay on Gagne but only if its incentive laiden. Nay on Lofton. I'd just keep Deno.

Turn Off Ads?