Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2007 Free Agents

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: 2007 Free Agents

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg- View Post
    I would sign Kenny Lofton to a 1-2 yr contract and possibly sign Gagne to an incentive laden deal.
    I'd love to see Kenny as a Red, given, I'm biased because he's been my favorite player since he was in Cleveland.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    How u doin

I would like to get that pitcher from japan but I don't think it will happen

MY targets would be> I am considering the Parameters of realistic cost effective signings.
    (SP) Randy Wolf
    (cf) Aaron Rowand
    (SP) Adam Eaton
    (Rp) Ron Villone
    (RP) G. Mota
    (OF) Trot Nixon ( I truly want this guy
    (1B) Phil Nevin been passed around like a 80's party spliffy but he has talent and may come cheap
    (SS) Alex Gonzalez good player and may come at a reasonable price tag
    (1B) Nick Johnson a wet dream catch for the Reds and a true prize if signed (* a Non Yawner acquisition.)
    (utility) Frank Cattalano ( these are the bucky dents of the world that just come up with key plays that define a season kind of guys)
    (SP) Gil Meche ( possible bust out Pitcher if not , atleast a serviceable one at say 5 mill or 4 mill)
    (CF) Jim Edmonds very good player and wtf do it for Grande so he can atleast finally have a love life )
    (sp) Vincette Padilla electric arm nickle head but this guy ever gets it right whoa I am taking that Gamble.

Of course not all these players can be signed but these are my Topcat Gets. W#orld Series contenders ? I think nope . But stranger things have happened just ask the Mets who lost there number 1 qaqnd number 3 starters. Ask the Yankee's Heck ask Joaquin Andjuar jou neva no
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

I'd do anything to get Zito, Soriano, El Caballo, etc, but here (like Topcat) is my list of players I'm intrigued by and are within our range.

Position players:
    Wes Helms
    Luis Gonzalez
    David Dellucci
    Moises Alou
    Jose Guillen
    Adam Kennedy

Starters:
    Vicente Padilla
    Gil Meche
    Tomo Ohka
    Adam Eaton

Relivers:
    Justin Speier
    Dennys Reyes
    Mike Stanton
    Ron Villone
    Chad Bradford
    Mike Timlin
    Chris Reitsma

What is the void option on Milton's contract?
    Am I a five tooler?

I didnt know rowand was a free agent. He might be a really nice pickup. Hes not a great offensive player but his defense would help alot and his energy might help some of our players to play harder. We need to sign padilla of meche, either one would help alot.

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard View Post
    What is the void option on Milton's contract?
    It means that Milton has the option to void the final year of his contract and become a free agent. If that were to happen there would be an Earthquake caused by everyone on Redszone jumping for joy at the same time. It would be the worst business move since Manhatten was sold for $24 (or maybe just since DanO signed Milton in the first place).

Mike Cameron

1. does anyone know if the Padres have said if they are going to keep Cameron ( team option )? I think he would look good at GABP in CF ( for the right price ). He still plays good defense and has power & speed.

2. targets for the Reds as part of a 1b platoon if Aurillia gets too expensive:
    Phil Nevin, Craig Wilson, Eduardo Perez

3. targets for 2b/ss if Freel stays in the OF:
    Luis Castillo (Team Option), Mark Lorretta, Ray Durham,
    Ronnie Belliard, Craig Counsell, Julio Lugo $$, Jose Valentin

All in all an unexciting list.

4. targets for CF if Freel goes to 2b. ( Note: I like Deno but I don't see Deno & Griffey playing 162 games each. I'd rather have Griffey in RF, a new CF & use Deno as the 4th OF. )

Jim Edmonds (Team Option), Mike Cameron (Team Option),
    Juan Pierre :thumbdown , Kenny Lofton ( as part of a platoon ),
    Gary Matthews Jr., Jay Payton, Milton Bradley,
    Aaron Rowand (Player + Team Options) (arb.),
    Dave Roberts, J.D. Drew (Player Void Option)

All in all a much more interesting list. Freel to 2b & signing a free agent CF seems better than Freel in CF and signing a free agent 2b/SS.

5. Targets for a #3 starter:

Tomo Ohka , Joe Mays :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown ,
    Tony Armas Jr, Jason Schmidt $$$, Jeff Suppan,
    Mike Mussina (Team Option), Jaret Wright (Team + Player Void options),
    Vicente Padilla, Adam Eaton,
    Ted Lilly ( fly ball pitcher ), Tom Glavine ( is he really a free agent ? ),
    Andy Pettitte, Mark Mulder, Barry Zito $$$,
    Doug Davis, Randy Wolf, Mark Buerhle (Team Option)
    Daisuke Matsuzaka $$$
    Kerry Wood

Some interesting names but I suspect free agent pitchers will be overpaid again.

6. targets for a closer:

Justin Speier , Scott Schoenweis , Joe Borowski ,
    LaTroy Hawkins, David Weathers, Chris Reitsma
    Mariano Rivera (Team Option I am sure will be picked up )
    Keith Foulke (Mutual + Player Option)
    Dustin Hermanson (Team option)
    Eric Gagne (Team Option + Player Void Option)

Another uninspired list.

- Will

Recovering Cubs Fan

I think they should sign Craig Wilson immediately. In addition to being a good platoon partner for Hatteberg, he'd be able to play every day in the OF when Junior goes on the DL, or be an adequate contingency plan should they get a good offer for Dunn late in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    I think they should sign Craig Wilson immediately. In addition to being a good platoon partner for Hatteberg, he'd be able to play every day in the OF when Junior goes on the DL, or be an adequate contingency plan should they get a good offer for Dunn late in the offseason.
    I wouldn't mind Wilson. He has needed power and is (or at least was) a good hitter all around. He is defensively challenged though even at 1B and if Krivsky is pushing for better defense, then I doubt Wilson is on his radar.

The options that the Reds are likely to be bidding for are extremely unappealing

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

I know its a stretch here but is there is a chance that the new ownership could care less about Griffey wanting to stay in center field. I mean they are taking over a team that has obviously not done well as of late. Griffey may not be a top notch centerfielder anymore, but i think he would be a top notch left fielder or even rightfielder. If I were them I would just move him, they made him no promises and they are not asking him to play first base or anything( yet ). Also I know its imposible but im just thinking down the road a few years, if we were to keep done and signed someone in the Ryan howard, Pujols, former Bonds/Griffey mold to hit behind him , then this would force pitchers to throw more fast balls to Dunn and also more strikes which I think would raise his ba 40 points and cut way down on the strike outs.

If I were Krivsky this offseason I would go after a solid outfielder and a good group of relievers. Who knows where we'd be right now if we had a solid bullpen throughout the year.
    Starters are too expensive and the list of offensive players isn't exactly great. The bullpen seems like the only place you can make the team better at a reasonable price.

bullpen

Under contract: Bray Majik Coffey Cormier Belisle

that is 5 decent ( if not great ) relievers.

if we resign Weathers and possibly Schowenweis ( hopefully on the cheap ) then we would have a deep bullpen by committee. you hope that someone steps up as a decent closer and turn your attention to finding a #3 starter and another bat

Turn Off Ads?