From the same guy who brought you the Curse of the Opening Day Starter and the Curse of the Reds Minor League Player Of The Year Award comes a new curse: The Curse of the Managerial Contract Extention.

The Reds were playing great this year. And then Bob and Wayne decided to extend Narrons contract (and Waynes too) and ever since then the Reds have been an average team. Are the two events linked? If this was just a one time thing I would dismiss it as coincidence. But this has happened before.

If you go back a couple of years you will remember how the Reds got off to a hot start similar to this season. Everybody loved career minor league manager Dave Miley. Even the front office loved him enough to pick up his option/extend his contract. Six of one, half dozen of the other. But injuries, bad pitching and a metamorphasis into Captain Queeg cost Dave Miley his job along with a lousy record.

But wait, there is more. Bob Boone got off to a hot start one year as well. I am not 100% sure on this but I believe the Reds extended his deal too. There was even talk of his being Manager of the Year. That all went down the drain too and Boone was fired.

Coincidence? You be the judge.