Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The comedy conintues ...

Hybrid View

The comedy conintues ...

from the DDN today

ST. LOUIS | It was after Wednesday night's game and the newest occupant of the Cincinnati Reds' bullpen, Scott Schoeneweis, walked to his locker wearing an ice bag on his left knee big enough to sink the Bismarck to the bottom of the sea.

And he didn't even pitch.

Some eyebrows raised around the clubhouse after all the problems with injuries to bullpen guys brought in from other teams Gary Majewski (shoulder), Eddie Guardado (forearm), Rheal Cormier (gluteus maximus).
    Schoeneweis says it is nothing.
    "A freakish thing," he said. "Did it about 10 days ago running in the outfield in Toronto. I lost my footing and slipped. I blew some stuff out in the back of my knee
    I guess the Reds haven't got the medical report yet.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Re: The comedy conintues ...

Unbelievable. Simply unbelieveable. Well, I wasn't expecting anything from Schoenweiss, so it looks like we will get nothing.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    from the DDN today

I guess the Reds haven't got the medical report yet.

We've given up Kearns/Lopez (take your pick), Travis Chick, Justin Germano, and either cash or a PTBNL

It's becoming a trend and unfortunatly its taking a hit on our Future of the team. Yes we want to win now but arn't we DL/Day-to-Day'n these guys to rest them? I like the moves, but I like having some results of the moves. Hopefully we don't have to give Toronto a dime/player for someone who isn't going to pitch and least not for the Pittsburg series..

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I agree, but with the performance of Lohse to this point, I'll cut Wayne a little slack on his other whiffs.

The Kearns/Lopez deal still bothers me, but it's water under the bridge for me now.

His latest series of moves leave something to be desired, but like I said Lohse and even Guardado have been solid. We really need Lohse to keep it up and Eddie to make it to October, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg
    I agree, but with the performance of Lohse to this point, I'll cut Wayne a little slack on his other whiffs.

The Kearns/Lopez deal still bothers me, but it's water under the bridge for me now.

His latest series of moves leave something to be desired, but like I said Lohse and even Guardado have been solid. We really need Lohse to keep it up and Eddie to make it to October, somehow.
    A broken clock is still right twice a day.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    A broken clock is still right twice a day.
    Or six times a day, but whatever.

Brandon Phillips

Scott Hatteberg

David Ross

Bronson Arroyo

Kyle Lohse

Eddie Guardado

I'll go ahead and leave out Bill Bray since he was the product of a controversial trade.

Can you honestly say that you think the Reds would be where they are as of today without these players? I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but...continue with the regularly scheduled Krivsky bashing.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25
    Or six times a day, but whatever.

Brandon Phillips

Scott Hatteberg

David Ross

Bronson Arroyo

Kyle Lohse

Eddie Guardado

I'll go ahead and leave out Bill Bray since he was the product of a controversial trade.

Can you honestly say that you think the Reds would be where they are as of today without these players? I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but...continue with the regularly scheduled Krivsky bashing.
    He hit the lottery on Phillips, Ross, and Guardado acquiring them for little or nothing. The jury is still out on Kyle Lohse because he's Kyle Lohse.

How's this for a list of non-contributors:

Esteban Yan

Cody Ross

Joe Mays

Gary Majewski

Rheal Cormier (plus a $2.25 million extension)

Royce Clayton

Juan Castro

Todd Hollandsworth

Scott Schoeneweis

Ryan Franklin

The guy is the anti-O'Brien -- movement for movement's sake. When you throw a handfull of rocks, one or two are going to hit the target. But with Wayne, it looks like there are a lot more misses than hits.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 08-18-2006 at 11:13 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    He hit the lottery on Phillips, Ross, and Guardado acquiring them for little or nothing.

. . .

But with Wayne, it looks like there are a lot more misses than hits.
    Big hits. Small misses. Seems like a recipe for success to me.

(Trading for already-injured guys, not so much.)

Another injured player aquired.

It's getting hard to defend Mr. Krivsky.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Another injured player aquired.

It's getting hard to defend Mr. Krivsky.

I'm curious as to why the ire towards Krivsky on this? Schoe said it doesn't affect his pitching AND what if the Reds asked about it and the Blue Jays said everyhting was "OK". Players do not receive physicals before a trade.
    Last edited by Team Clark; 08-18-2006 at 07:40 PM.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

It's becoming a trend and unfortunatly its taking a hit on our Future of the team.
    Acquired for what?

A player to be named later IIRC.

If he doesn't play or perform that affects what they get, if he just uses ice then he just uses ice, and they get nothing... what "future" player is going out, and who exactly defined the vision of the future that might be going out, Bowden or O'Brien?

This is a garage sale deal, nothing more nothing less, 12 days until the rosters expand and then the Reds can have an all LH BP.... woo hooo!!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Acquired for what?

A player to be named later IIRC.
    I doubt the player to be named will be anything significant, because Toronto seemed anxious to dump the contract. However, in general terms, a PTBNL when a trade is done at this time of the year is sometimes significant, because it's used to get around the returning player clearing waivers.

As an example, Mark Lewis the guy that was plattooning at 3b on the 1995 team was a PTBNL for David Wells.. I know, not a world beater, but someone that was significant for the Reds at the time.

I agree that we probably didn't give up much for Schoweissis though.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Player to be named later is an up-and-comer with a bright future. We cant keep trading him like this.

I should clear up what I said above. Wayne Krivsky has done a fantastic job this season and if he doesn't win Executive of the Year there's something wrong.

It's just alittle disturbing that this is the third pitcher he's aquired who has turned out to be injured, and all three were injured before they came over.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    I should clear up what I said above. Wayne Krivsky has done a fantastic job this season and if he doesn't win Executive of the Year there's something wrong.
    No, I think Minyana of the Mets wins that award, hands down.

Maybe second place is the LA GM.

I don't think Wayne deserves an award for making us a .500 club. I'm not saying he stinks, but he doesn't deserve GM of the year.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?