Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The comedy conintues ...

The comedy conintues ...

from the DDN today

ST. LOUIS | It was after Wednesday night's game and the newest occupant of the Cincinnati Reds' bullpen, Scott Schoeneweis, walked to his locker wearing an ice bag on his left knee big enough to sink the Bismarck to the bottom of the sea.

And he didn't even pitch.

Some eyebrows raised around the clubhouse after all the problems with injuries to bullpen guys brought in from other teams ó Gary Majewski (shoulder), Eddie Guardado (forearm), Rheal Cormier (gluteus maximus).
    Schoeneweis says it is nothing.
    "A freakish thing," he said. "Did it about 10 days ago running in the outfield in Toronto. I lost my footing and slipped. I blew some stuff out in the back of my knee
    I guess the Reds haven't got the medical report yet.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The comedy conintues ...

Unbelievable. Simply unbelieveable. Well, I wasn't expecting anything from Schoenweiss, so it looks like we will get nothing.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    from the DDN today

I guess the Reds haven't got the medical report yet.

We've given up Kearns/Lopez (take your pick), Travis Chick, Justin Germano, and either cash or a PTBNL

It's becoming a trend and unfortunatly its taking a hit on our Future of the team. Yes we want to win now but arn't we DL/Day-to-Day'n these guys to rest them? I like the moves, but I like having some results of the moves. Hopefully we don't have to give Toronto a dime/player for someone who isn't going to pitch and least not for the Pittsburg series..

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I agree, but with the performance of Lohse to this point, I'll cut Wayne a little slack on his other whiffs.

The Kearns/Lopez deal still bothers me, but it's water under the bridge for me now.

His latest series of moves leave something to be desired, but like I said Lohse and even Guardado have been solid. We really need Lohse to keep it up and Eddie to make it to October, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg
    I agree, but with the performance of Lohse to this point, I'll cut Wayne a little slack on his other whiffs.

The Kearns/Lopez deal still bothers me, but it's water under the bridge for me now.

His latest series of moves leave something to be desired, but like I said Lohse and even Guardado have been solid. We really need Lohse to keep it up and Eddie to make it to October, somehow.
    A broken clock is still right twice a day.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Another injured player aquired.

It's getting hard to defend Mr. Krivsky.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    A broken clock is still right twice a day.
    Or six times a day, but whatever.

Brandon Phillips

Scott Hatteberg

David Ross

Bronson Arroyo

Kyle Lohse

Eddie Guardado

I'll go ahead and leave out Bill Bray since he was the product of a controversial trade.

Can you honestly say that you think the Reds would be where they are as of today without these players? I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but...continue with the regularly scheduled Krivsky bashing.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

It's becoming a trend and unfortunatly its taking a hit on our Future of the team.
    Acquired for what?

A player to be named later IIRC.

If he doesn't play or perform that affects what they get, if he just uses ice then he just uses ice, and they get nothing... what "future" player is going out, and who exactly defined the vision of the future that might be going out, Bowden or O'Brien?

This is a garage sale deal, nothing more nothing less, 12 days until the rosters expand and then the Reds can have an all LH BP.... woo hooo!!

Player to be named later is an up-and-comer with a bright future. We cant keep trading him like this.

I should clear up what I said above. Wayne Krivsky has done a fantastic job this season and if he doesn't win Executive of the Year there's something wrong.

It's just alittle disturbing that this is the third pitcher he's aquired who has turned out to be injured, and all three were injured before they came over.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I guess asking why a GM would trade for a pitcher with an injured knee is a rhetorical question.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Does anyone know if Krivsky didn't already know about it and he doesn't seeing it impact the reason for the deal? Innuendo, assumptions...does anyone use logic anymore?
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Does anyone know if Krivsky didn't already know about it and he doesn't seeing it impact the reason for the deal? Innuendo, assumptions...does anyone use logic anymore?
    the Toronto press release talked about "nagging leg injury" so I doubt they hid anything.

It doesn't do much good to have a lot of guys in the pen who aren't healthy enough to take the ball on a consistent basis.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/NASA...=.jsp&c_id=tor

Recently, Schoeneweis has been battling a nagging leg injury. On July 27, he lost his footing during his normal pregame running routine and tweaked the area of his leg where the hamstring meets the knee. The ailment wasn't serious enough to warrant a stint on the disabled list, but Schoeneweis' leg hasn't been 100 percent since.

Since the injury, Schoeneweis has appeared in 4 1/3 innings and has given up six runs on five hits. During that same span, the lefty has walked four batters and struck out just one. On Tuesday, Schoeneweis entered the game against Tampa Bay in the eighth inning to face Carl Crawford, who bats left-handed. The southpaw walked Crawford to load the bases and was pulled from the game -- his last with the Jays.
    Seems to me this deal amounts to nothing more than stupidity. WK traded for a pitcher with a leg injury who has been completely inerrective since sustaining it and now wants to make him a Red in the heat of a playoff chase. The Reds were better off with a healthy Shack than an injured and ineffective SS.
    Last edited by flyer85; 08-18-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Yay!

Recently, Schoeneweis has been battling a nagging leg injury. On July 27, he lost his footing during his normal pregame running routine and tweaked the area of his leg where the hamstring meets the knee. The ailment wasn't serious enough to warrant a stint on the disabled list, but Schoeneweis' leg hasn't been 100 percent since.

Since the injury, Schoeneweis has appeared in 4 1/3 innings and has given up six runs on five hits. During that same span, the lefty has walked four batters and struck out just one.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Schoeneweis, 32, appeared in 55 games this season, posting a 2-2 record and 6.51 ERA but hasnít been as effective since the all-star break, in part because of a nagging leg injury. Overall, the six-foot, 190-pound left-hander allowed 39 hits in 37.1 innings, while walking 16 and striking out 18.
    Somehow I doubt it traderumor. Here's a blurb from one of the articles announcing the trade.

I'd like to see this huge list of great pitchers that are available right now.

So he trades for a mediocre pitcher in hopes a change of scenery will help (Mayes, Yan) and he can contribute something to the team. Some people here roast him alive.

So he trades for a pitcher with decent numbers but is older (Cromier, Everyday) in hopes that their decent numbers combined with some experience may contriubute something to the team. Some people roast him alive.

So he trades for a pitcher with decent numbers but has a "nagging" knee injury in hopes the injury isn't as big of a deal as it sounds and that pitcher can contribute something to the staff down the strech. Some people here roast him alive.

He's making deals to add something to the team for the strech drive. He's giving up PTBNL. People act as if we have a farm system overflowing with hot young tallent that is just about to make the team. The fact is, the vast majority of our farm system stinks. So if we give some of it up now what's the harm to the team?

There isn't a huge list of top flight pitchers available so you have to take what is on the market. I imagine he could just go with what he has and wait till the offseason....but then some people here would roast him alive for that too.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Turn Off Ads?