Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The comedy conintues ...

Re: The comedy conintues ...

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    maybe Wayne didn't read the fine print.

The Reds now have three LHPs in the pen with injury and possibly effectiveness issues. It makes absolutely no sense. They really need to DL one of these guys and get Belisle back up here. What happens if they have to go to the pen early?
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    So he trades for a pitcher with decent numbers but has a "nagging" knee injury in hopes the injury isn't as big of a deal as it sounds and that pitcher can contribute something to the staff down the strech. Some people here roast him alive.
    and in the short term he likely makes the team worse by acquiring a guy who has been effective and at the same time sends out the most effective LOOGY the team has. Does it make any sense in either the short term(over the next week) or the long term when the guy has a leg problem that has been bothering him for 3 weeks? It tells me the only way SS gets back to healthy and effective is with a DL stint.

Yay!

So he trades for a pitcher with decent numbers but has a "nagging" knee injury in hopes the injury isn't as big of a deal as it sounds and that pitcher can contribute something to the staff down the strech. Some people here roast him alive.
    Wouldn't bother me, except for the fact that there's a perfectly healthy LHRP with the same or better numbers as the "naggingly injured" who can't get off the I-71 loop between Louisville and Cincy.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Wouldn't bother me, except for the fact that there's a perfectly healthy LHRP with the same or better numbers as the "naggingly injured" who can't get off the I-71 loop between Louisville and Cincy.
    a healthy SS was nothing but a redundancy as was pointed out at the time of the trade (even before his health was a known issue).

My guess is Shacks "problems with the ladys" in Milwauke have made him less than popular around the FO. Just a hunch. I'm not saying that is right or a good move, just a guess as to why Shack is out of favor right now.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25
    Or six times a day, but whatever.

Brandon Phillips

Scott Hatteberg

David Ross

Bronson Arroyo

Kyle Lohse

Eddie Guardado

I'll go ahead and leave out Bill Bray since he was the product of a controversial trade.

Can you honestly say that you think the Reds would be where they are as of today without these players? I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but...continue with the regularly scheduled Krivsky bashing.
    He hit the lottery on Phillips, Ross, and Guardado acquiring them for little or nothing. The jury is still out on Kyle Lohse because he's Kyle Lohse.

How's this for a list of non-contributors:

Esteban Yan

Cody Ross

Joe Mays

Gary Majewski

Rheal Cormier (plus a $2.25 million extension)

Royce Clayton

Juan Castro

Todd Hollandsworth

Scott Schoeneweis

Ryan Franklin

The guy is the anti-O'Brien -- movement for movement's sake. When you throw a handfull of rocks, one or two are going to hit the target. But with Wayne, it looks like there are a lot more misses than hits.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 08-18-2006 at 11:13 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    He hit the lottery on Phillips, Ross, and Guardado acquiring them for little or nothing.

. . .

But with Wayne, it looks like there are a lot more misses than hits.
    Big hits. Small misses. Seems like a recipe for success to me.

(Trading for already-injured guys, not so much.)

You really think that Juan Castro is a non-contributor? I think that he has done a good job in his role since rejoining the club.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by backbencher

Majewski was a very big miss. The Reds are dying for another RH reliever in the pen at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by backbencher

Joe Mays was a "small" miss? Royce Clayton? Even Esteban Yan and Ryan Franklin, in their limited roles, have done their part to hurt the team. Those "small misses" add up, especially in a pennant race (crawl?) like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu
    You really think that Juan Castro is a non-contributor? I think that he has done a good job in his role since rejoining the club.
    He's Juan Castro, and he will always be Juan Castro. Any contribution he makes is purely luck.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 08-18-2006 at 11:18 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    Majewski was a very big miss. The Reds are dying for another RH reliever in the pen at the moment.
    Meanwhile, Matt Belisle continues to throw zeroes on the board so Schoenweiss can ice his knee.

ugh.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Joe Mays was a "small" miss? Royce Clayton? Even Esteban Yan and Ryan Franklin, in their limited roles, have done their part to hurt the team. Those "small misses" add up, especially in a pennant race (crawl?) like this one.
    You're talking trees. I'm talking forest. The "pennant race like this one" wouldn't exist without Arroyo, Hatteberg, Phillips, Ross. Does that give Krivsly carte blanche to muck around or to pick up guys who are physically unabel to help? No. But if his scrap-heap diving produces one Phillips for every three Yans, that seems like a fair exchange rate for this year.

He's Juan Castro, and he will always be Juan Castro. Any contribution he makes is purely luck.
    Luck is the residue of design.... or so I hear.

Earl Weaver made a career out of leveraging those types of players into the proper place.

When Juan Castro represents 1.4% of your teams total at bats for the season that's a start in the right direction, last time he was in town he got 5.4% of the teams at bats.

No, he's a light-hitting backup middle infielder in the 70's and 80's mold. But he has value, and he is doing well in that role. (I also thought he did well in that role--when properly utilized--in his first stint with the club.)

If he doesn't measure up to some people's expectations, that's not his fault. He is what he is, and maybe their expectations are too high.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    Meanwhile, Matt Belisle continues to throw zeroes on the board so Schoenweiss can ice his knee.

ugh.
    How many innings has he pitched on rehab? Are they trying to stretch Belisle out to take a rotation spot?
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu
    Are they trying to stretch Belisle out to take a rotation spot?
    no evidence of that

Turn Off Ads?