Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The comedy conintues ...

Re: The comedy conintues ...

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Four players short?

I can understand one player short, or even two in a pinch, but four?
    If by "players" you mean "warm bodies," then you're right -- DanO usually had at least 23 warm bodies available on the roster.

When some of those "warm bodies" are Eric Milton, Dave Williams, and Ramon Ortiz, you'd be better off with empty roster spots.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Krivsky has absolutely lapped DanO in the mismanagement of roster department.

It's like on-the-job training for this imbecile.
    I sure read this the first time through as calling Krivsky an "imbecile".

I agree with Cedric and agree that often your many good points lose credibility when you post over-the-top comments like that one outside the game threads (those are more reactionary so I dismiss those as pure comedy).

I must also need a remedial English refresher. To be less offensive and contain the insult towards its intended subject matter I would have written something like the following

"His roster management is imbecilic"

But then again what do I know...

BTW, lately I couldn't disagree much with that last phrasing.

This should get Kremcheck fired.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Dave Dombrowski has this one wrapped up.
    good point, I was thinking NL only.. I thought they gave an award for each league.. but maybe I'm wrong..
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Another injured player aquired.

It's getting hard to defend Mr. Krivsky.

I'm curious as to why the ire towards Krivsky on this? Schoe said it doesn't affect his pitching AND what if the Reds asked about it and the Blue Jays said everyhting was "OK". Players do not receive physicals before a trade.
    Last edited by Team Clark; 08-18-2006 at 07:40 PM.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse
    This should get Kremcheck fired.
    If only it would... sadly, the Teflon Doc is never wrong. Although I guess there's hope with Cast running the show, that maybe things will change.

As I recall, Doc actually pays the Reds for the privedge of being their official doctor. I wonder when that contract is up.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    No, I think Minyana of the Mets wins that award, hands down.

Maybe second place is the LA GM.

I don't think Wayne deserves an award for making us a .500 club. I'm not saying he stinks, but he doesn't deserve GM of the year.

I would agree with that. Krivsky may win 3 years from now. He's laying his groundwork while maing patchwork. Minaya stuck to his plan, spent the money and improved the team significantly. Great job Omar. Even smarter for not taking the Reds post.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski
    I am...quoting Brant from the movie, when the other Lebowski is all cheesed off that the kidnappers did not receive the money, and the plane has crashed into the (expletive) mountain!!

"This is our concern, Dude."
    While I approve of your admiration of TBL, the more relevant quote is "the dude abides".
    FYI - I happen to know the "real" Lebowski, and the movie cannot even come close to capturing the character of this HS classmate of the Coen brothers. Truth is stranger than fiction. Despite that, I love the movie - it is one of my favorites.

Turn Off Ads?