Turn Off Ads?

Thread: the Wisdom of Jerry

Hybrid View

the Wisdom of Jerry

"It was a great game, other than not winning it,"
    it sucked.

"I just liked the idea of Franklin facing the rest of those guys," said Narron.
    Nothing like being a minority of one.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Re: the Wisdom of Jerry

"I just liked the idea of Franklin facing the rest of those guys," said Narron.
    It's pretty much all I had out there.. I wasn't going to unleash Stormy on 2, 3, & 4 hitters.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    It's pretty much all I had out there.. I wasn't going to unleash Stormy on 2, 3, & 4 hitters.
    I would have rather lost trying with a guy who is used to coming in a tough situation than with a guy who isn't .

It would have still hurt....but at least you went down using the best (or at least one of the better) you could.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    but at least you went down using the best (or at least one of the better) you could.
    which is the real point of the entire situation.

The 9th inning pitching decisions are analogous to having sent up Larue instead of Javy to PH in the 8th.

And to think Paul Daughtery spent 3 hours defending Narron on the radio before the game yesterday.

Not once did I hear a good reason for him doing so, other than the fact the Reds' are in 2nd place.

It seems Jerry is doing just enough to keep this team out of 1st place, and out of the playoffs, at this point. Just enough.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    And to think Paul Daughtery spent 3 hours defending Narron on the radio before the game yesterday.

Not once did I hear a good reason for him doing so, other than the fact the Reds' are in 2nd place.

It seems Jerry is doing just enough to keep this team out of 1st place, and out of the playoffs, at this point. Just enough.
    Well, not to pick nits but, if the season ended today, we'd be in the playoffs.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski
    Well, not to pick nits but, if the season ended today, we'd be in the playoffs.
    but it doesn't, and that is a jumbo nit.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    but it doesn't, and that is a jumbo nit.
    Obviously the season does not end today.

I've been more than vocal with my criticism of Narron, but to assert that he's doing what he can to keep us out of the playoffs is a bit much. I do not think it to be a small thing that we are in the playoffs as of right now. It's been a helluva long time since we've been in serious contention this late in the game. May be in spite of Narron rather than because of him; truth is probably somewhere between the two.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski
    I do not think it to be a small thing that we are in the playoffs as of right now.
    it has more to do with the ineptitude of those chasing the Reds than anything else. Most years the Reds record would have them far out of the playoff hunt. This year it doesn't and it will likely come down to a game or two. I cannot see this team getting hot and pulling away but I can see them collapsing.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa

Nothing like being a minority of one.
    He must be the only one...

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us.

Jerry Garcia
    Whoops.... wrong Jerry

If Narron "liked" Ryan Franklin, human batting tee (with additional 'roid rage!) out there against the heart of the St. Louis lineup, than LaRussa must have been out-of-his-skin overjoyed. Ecstatic, even.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421
    human batting tee
    Gee... the same can be said about Jeff Weaver. Oh, except when he faces our beloved REDS.

Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

"It was a great game, other than not winning it,"
    And there's the mark of a born loser.

Turn Off Ads?