Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the Wisdom of Jerry

the Wisdom of Jerry

"It was a great game, other than not winning it,"
    it sucked.

"I just liked the idea of Franklin facing the rest of those guys," said Narron.
    Nothing like being a minority of one.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Re: the Wisdom of Jerry

"I just liked the idea of Franklin facing the rest of those guys," said Narron.
    It's pretty much all I had out there.. I wasn't going to unleash Stormy on 2, 3, & 4 hitters.

And to think Paul Daughtery spent 3 hours defending Narron on the radio before the game yesterday.

Not once did I hear a good reason for him doing so, other than the fact the Reds' are in 2nd place.

It seems Jerry is doing just enough to keep this team out of 1st place, and out of the playoffs, at this point. Just enough.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    And to think Paul Daughtery spent 3 hours defending Narron on the radio before the game yesterday.

Not once did I hear a good reason for him doing so, other than the fact the Reds' are in 2nd place.

It seems Jerry is doing just enough to keep this team out of 1st place, and out of the playoffs, at this point. Just enough.
    Well, not to pick nits but, if the season ended today, we'd be in the playoffs.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski
    Well, not to pick nits but, if the season ended today, we'd be in the playoffs.
    but it doesn't, and that is a jumbo nit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    but it doesn't, and that is a jumbo nit.
    Obviously the season does not end today.

I've been more than vocal with my criticism of Narron, but to assert that he's doing what he can to keep us out of the playoffs is a bit much. I do not think it to be a small thing that we are in the playoffs as of right now. It's been a helluva long time since we've been in serious contention this late in the game. May be in spite of Narron rather than because of him; truth is probably somewhere between the two.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

I do not think it to be a small thing that we are in the playoffs as of right now.
    it has more to do with the ineptitude of those chasing the Reds than anything else. Most years the Reds record would have them far out of the playoff hunt. This year it doesn't and it will likely come down to a game or two. I cannot see this team getting hot and pulling away but I can see them collapsing.

it has more to do with the ineptitude of those chasing the Reds than anything else. Most years the Reds record would have them far out of the playoff hunt. This year it doesn't and it will likely come down to a game or two. I cannot see this team getting hot and pulling away but I can see them collapsing.
    Certainly the NL is down this year, and I will acknowledge that this is playing a large part in our contention for a w/c spot and the pennant. AFA as your opinion that we cannot get hot but we can collapse...I see both scenarions as equally likely. You can choose to view this thing with a negative outlook if you want to. As for me, I'm going to try to enjoy it.

Certainly the NL is down this year, and I will acknowledge that this is playing a large part in our contention for a w/c spot and the pennant. AFA as your opinion that we cannot get hot but we can collapse...I see both scenarions as equally likely. You can choose to view this thing with a negative outlook if you want to. As for me, I'm going to try to enjoy it.
    the team most likely to get hot is one the with the most solid pitching (both starting and the pen). Which means there isn't a real good candidate other than the Astros, but their offense is so woeful it overrides the pitching a bit.

The most likely scenario is teams will continue to bounce around .500.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

The pitcher on the hill in that 9th inning!??!? That seems to be the latest "give Jerry the axe" flavor of the day. I care more about a team who CANNOT HIT Jeff Weaver. A team that gets 3 whole hits in a 9-inning game.

Hey, I know... blame Jerry Narron for that. Jerry should have had more hits in yesterday's game. Should have inserted himself in the lineup. Darn it, Jerry!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    I care more about a team who CANNOT HIT Jeff Weaver.
    it happens, bad pitchers can pitch good games. The Card fans were saying the exact same thing about Kyle Lohse. Just because the offense only scored one run is not an excuse to not have your best pitchers and matchups being used in the biggest 9th inning of the season to date.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    The pitcher on the hill in that 9th inning!??!? That seems to be the latest "give Jerry the axe" flavor of the day. I care more about a team who CANNOT HIT Jeff Weaver. A team that gets 3 whole hits in a 9-inning game.
    I mentioned in the game thread yesterday that Weaver handling the Reds twice in a week may be the proverbial silver lining in the dark cloud. LaRussa saw how he pitched against the Reds so he gives him more starts. Everyone else pounds him which is a good thing for the Reds if they can win. LaRussa will keep starting him because he remembers how well he did against the Reds.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    LaRussa will keep starting him because he remembers how well he did against the Reds.
    and knows how poorly Mulder is pitching in AAA.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Nothing like being a minority of one.
    He must be the only one...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    It's pretty much all I had out there.. I wasn't going to unleash Stormy on 2, 3, & 4 hitters.
    I would have rather lost trying with a guy who is used to coming in a tough situation than with a guy who isn't .

It would have still hurt....but at least you went down using the best (or at least one of the better) you could.

Turn Off Ads?