Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

Re: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

Wives how lose arguments and end it with "WHATEVER!"
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    My oldest boy is really good at that. And he somehow thinks I'm going to accept "I forgot". They never seem to forget when it's something that's important and pertains to them.

I've developed a behavior that brings them down to earth. I walk back to the laundry room and trip the circuit breaker to their room killing all power. Really pees them off if they are on-line, doing gaming, etc. I tell them that when they fold those three baskets of laundry and do the dishes I'll restore power.

"It's good to be the king!"
    I tried putting the dirty dishes in their bed, but then they just put them on their night stand where they turned into a health hazard after a week or so of rotten food stench. I tried putting the wet clothes out of the washer in their bed too, but the same thing happened.

A friend of mine took the teen's bedroom door away by taking it off the hinges. A nice touch, but too much work.

So I finally just started saying "no" when they said they'd get it later. And I'd just keep looking at them with raised eyebrows with a periodic "well?" till they finally did it. I always throw in the "I didn't ask you to do it later, I asked you to do it now, I don't ask you to do much, blah blah blah", e.g. Dad speech #41.

Somewhere after 2-3 years of this (per child), they finally got it that when I asked them to do something, I really meant it. No wonder I've got such gray hair.

It's a wonder that parents don't murder their teens in their sleep.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Wives how lose arguments and end it with "WHATEVER!"
    What is this "wives losing arguments" that you speak of?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    No wonder I've got such gray hair.
    Your fortunate to still have hair! I have four teenage daughters right now and I am well on the way to needing Rogaine!
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Reading the Sundeck, but not being able to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Happens on some alien planets, I've heard. If mine loses and argument, I'll probably find my tools epoxied to the work bench the next morning.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I've developed a behavior that brings them down to earth. I walk back to the laundry room and trip the circuit breaker to their room killing all power. Really pees them off if they are on-line, doing gaming, etc. I tell them that when they fold those three baskets of laundry and do the dishes I'll restore power.

"It's good to be the king!"
    I bow to the King.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That should be under the things that make you smile thread.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I can imagine it'd get boring having long, drawn out intellectual "stick" measuring contests with the same group of people every day. Being able to colonize the Sun Deck with The Truth would be a neat way to keep an old routine fresh for many Org'ers. :-)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I can imagine it'd get boring having long, drawn out intellectual "stick" measuring contests with the same group of people every day. Being able to colonize the Sun Deck with The Truth would be a neat way to keep an old routine fresh for many Org'ers. :-)
    I just really enjoy talking baseball. I don't like reading discussions about things that I am interested in, yet not being able to join in the conversation. Before you joined, posters from the ORG could post in both forums. Eventually that was done away with and I have missed it ever since.

I don't know what this "truth" is that you speak of though. I will say this though, if I were to colonize somewhere, it wouldn't be a place that is overrun with men like a baseball message board. Sweden might be a good start though.

They call me "chef"

Just poking fun!

As for more pet peeves, this new commercial by jcp that has people screaming. Enough is right! Mute!

One thing I'm real thankful for today is the end of the Republican super pac commercials. The negativity is the main message in these ads. I feel like I'm watching The Survivor tv show with politicians as contestants. In this case, I'd vote them all off the island.

They have forgotten that this election is not about which political party weilds the most power - we elect PUBLIC SERVANTS meant to do what is best for the U.S.A. as a whole, not to do what is most adventageous to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Yeah, what was I thinking? You feel like Custer at Little Big Horn.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I'll probably find my tools epoxied to the work bench the next morning.
    When that occurs, I just put her delicate things in the wash with my jeans. Sooner or later someone has to cry "Uncle!".

My wife and kids KNOW not to enter my work (tool) area, to "borrow" a tool that somehow never gets returned, without first getting a security clearance and background check.
    Last edited by GAC; 02-10-2012 at 04:49 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by graham.great View Post

As for more pet peeves, this new commercial by jcp that has people screaming. Enough is right! Mute!
    I'm really sick of this person....

My wife and kids KNOW not to enter my work (tool) area, to "borrow" a tool that somehow never gets returned, without first getting a security clearance and background check.

That's one of my big things that drive me crazy. I'm in the middle of some big household chore (one that I wasn't too keen on to begin with), go to get a critical tool that I thought knew exactly where it is in my workshop, and.... it's not there.

I come to find it was used by son/daughter and its lying in the yard rusting or stuck under some flower pots in the garage or under their bed or, worst of all, .... lost.

Grrrrr...
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?