Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

Re: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    People who rush ahead of you to get in line and then take their sweet time paying the cashier...
    Also, people ahead of you waiting in line for the Gas pump, they finally pull up to the pump and then they take 5 minutes fishing around for their credit/debit card. What were they doing while in line?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Also, people ahead of you waiting in line for the Gas pump, they finally pull up to the pump and then they take 5 minutes fishing around for their credit/debit card. What were they doing while in line?
    And after they pay they leave their care in front of the pump while they go in and buy a Big Gulp.

Speaking of which, the constant need for people to eat and drink kind of drives me crazy, too. Do you really need to eat a bag of Doritos in the library?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Teenagers that see the dryer and dishwasher cycles are done and then wait to be told to empty them..... "Oh what? Did you want me to do that?"

And putting dirty dishes in the sink letting the food dry. Mac and cheese is the worst. Takes a sand blaster to get it off. NASA ought to use it as some sort of adhesive sealant.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Teenagers that see the dryer and dishwasher cycles are done and then wait to be told to empty them..... "Oh what? Did you want me to do that?"

And putting dirty dishes in the sink letting the food dry. Mac and cheese is the worst. Takes a sand blaster to get it off. NASA ought to use it as some sort of adhesive sealant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Far be it from me to jump into a good rant (notice how many posts I have on this thread). However, Caseyfan, those of us who had to work the "day after the Superbowl" aren't going to have lots of symphathy for you for having to take a midterm today.

It may be that your proffs are more in touch with the outside world than you realize. Your furture bosses are not likely to cancil work the day after the Superbowl so in actuality the proffs are getting you ready for life.

Sorry to be such a killjoy/old fart/"back when I was your age...." type.
    Was just going through backreading in this thread when it got topped.

Now that I'm one of those who have to work the day after the Super Bowl my opinion hasn't changed from my rant filled college postings of 5 years ago. I still hate those professors that scheduled big midterms on the days after holidays or major events. And at least in the real world I always have the option to take a vacation day if I choose.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Getting old sucks, Matt. That much will never change.

At least being an adult allows you some freedom to pick and choose your time off.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Thommarty Brennaman.

People who still refer either downtown stadium as "Riverfront Stadium".

People who do not bathe and/or apply deodorant before attending a day game at the GABP.

People who remember Ickey Woods but not James Brooks.

People who take forever the board the Southbank Shuttle after the games because someone in their group doesn't have the correct amount.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Who's James Brooks?

Just kidding.

I hate skinny jeans. Hate hate hate.
    Witty signature.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Who's James Brooks?

Just kidding.

I hate skinny jeans. Hate hate hate.
    Are they too tight on your legs?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

As a add-on to that, telling a teenager to do any of these things and greeted with an exasperated sigh and a "I'll get it later, don't worry, I really will".

And then they don't.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Cyclists who ignore the rules of the road.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

The use of they as a singular pronoun.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Guys in big trucks who both tailgate AND use their brights behind little cars. One of these days I'm going to snap, follow one of 'em home, and twist their lips off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Just don't look annoying while wearing it, and I think you'll be fine.
    And don;t jabber away in the bathroom on it. I deliberately flush whenever Ihear someone in the ladies room yakking away on their cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    As a add-on to that, telling a teenager to do any of these things and greeted with an exasperated sigh and a "I'll get it later, don't worry, I really will".

And then they don't.
    My oldest boy is really good at that. And he somehow thinks I'm going to accept "I forgot". They never seem to forget when it's something that's important and pertains to them.

I've developed a behavior that brings them down to earth. I walk back to the laundry room and trip the circuit breaker to their room killing all power. Really pees them off if they are on-line, doing gaming, etc. I tell them that when they fold those three baskets of laundry and do the dishes I'll restore power.

"It's good to be the king!"
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?