Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

Re: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

People that pass on a double yellow line on a hill. Just amazes me.

People that speed up to get on the interstate, and cut you off, when all they had to do was slow down a bit (when there was no one at all behind you).

Michigan drivers...need I say more?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

The Guy With The Never-Ending Bag of Popcorn at the Movie Theater

Maybe I'm spoiled from watching movies at home in quiet, but the last few times I've been to the movies I've sat next to the guy who has bought a bag of popcorn the size of one of those 72 QT Glad trash bags you throw your lawn clippings in.

It was an hour into the movie and that guy was still working on the popcorn- chomping his jaws, smackin his lips and worst of all: rattling that bag. It lasted nearly the whole movie. It was so bad that if I bought the soundtrack to the movie, I'd wonder where the crumpling of the bag was over the music.

traffic:
    1. If it's 40 feet you're moving up just to sit longer in a traffic jam then so be it. Maybe the light cycles through but odds are you'll have sat there about as long anyway. If you're gonna sit might as well not stress over it.
    This holds true if you are just sitting still, but most traffic jams creep along. If there are two or more lanes, the lane that moves fastest is the one where drivers are paying attention and have the fewest gaps. There is nothing more frustrating than being in the slower lane watching the other people pass you just because you have one of those people who can't figure that out.

Also, by leaving the gap, it invites people to change lanes in front of that person and then they put on their brakes to keep up that huge stopping distance they have to have.

Scoot up.

And Randy- feel free to use anything at your disposal when dealing with a Radio Shack clerk. They are the only company I know of who makes you give them your name and address when you buy something. You want to tell them, "I didn't place this up here for you to pack it up and ship it to me, I have a car that is big enough to carry a Tandy 12 Volt charger and a Casio keyboard."

It's almost as if cash is no longer sufficient. They should place that on the price tag of the item: "$24.95 plus your name and address."

Clerks Who Comment on What You are Buying

I don't need your review of a DVD I'm buying, I don't want you to ask me how I like the brick oven BBQ pizza from Lean Cuisine, I just want you to tell me how much I owe you (Without asking for my phone number or zip code or screaming at me when I walk in the door lol).

It's the worst when you buy pet food. You are going to hear about their sister's cats, or the one I get is, "Gee, that's a lot of food for a cat..."

Well I wasn't planning on giving it to him all at once. I buy more than one meal at a time for my feline.

In fact, I figure the more I buy, it's less trips to this store I have to make and hear the stupid comments.

If a waiter tells me I made a good choice, can I then infer that someone else in my party made a lousy choice if the waiter is silent when they ordered?

There was a clerk at Bigg's at Eastgate a long time ago who used to make comments about people's purchases by picking out two items that could be used together. If you bought a spatula and a frying pan, this genius would say something smart like, "You planning on frying something, are ya?"

He would do that during the entire purchase. Every time.

One time I placed a set of batteries and laundry detergent on the belt. Yep, he actually said, "Washing your batteries, eh?"

People Who Constantly Look At the Bright Side of Things

I realize I have a better life than 90% of the people who have ever lived, but let me get upset when the milk is stale three days before expiration. I understand this isn't the worst travesty, I realize I could have been hacked up by an axe murderer, but all of those things don't make me feel any better when I can't have the cereal I was expecting. All things are relative. We could take those poor starving kids in Africa and say, "You think 10 days is too long to wait for a meal? In my day we waited 20!!!"

Customer Service Representatives Who Blame You For the Problem With Their Product

My business was experiencing power outages everyday for two weeks- it literally closed me down.

When I called to complain, the power company represenative told me that by living in Florida, with all the lightning, I should know better to keep a generator on premises so that my business can stay up and running when the power goes out.

First of all- there was no lightning- and secondly, shouldn't the power company, since it knows it operates in Florida, have better protection against lightning than I do? I should go out and purchase a $17000 generator because the power company doesn't have a backup plan? I should spend 170 times my yearly power bill so I can be prepared?

I called the police one time to report a neighbor who was harassing me and the police officer who answered told me, "That's what you get for living in a condo."

Yeah, and if you ever get killed in the line of duty, that's what you get for being a cop.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I hate to see it at work too. And then they also trash the cafeterias and break areas. I wonder... do they do this at home also? Geez!
    GAC- We once had a guy who not only beached one on the front of the bowl- no small feat- but who laid one down that was so long it disappeared down the pipe. Beached and down the pipe, man, all in one.

Ordinarily, you should flush, but flushing that thing would have been like throwing a way a ten leaf clover. It sat there for over a day- people were going into look at it like they were viewing an open casket: You really didn't want to look, but you would somehow feel you were missing something if you didn't.

If there were ebay back then, I think that guy could have made a small fortune.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 08-19-2006 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed
    When someone mentions something that he could've easily kept to himself instead of deliberately getting that same song stuck in other people's heads so he won't be the only one suffering. I hate when that happens.
    Luckily, I have a short attention span. So, I get thru a couple of lines of the song and I'm done.

Potty talk, bathroom talk, bowel talk, all that stuff annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    People who find it neccessary to nearly come to a complete stop before turning right.
    You mean right on red? You're supposed to stop.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    People that can't control their dogs.
    I hate it when people let their dogs run free, even with invisible fence. Nothing like walking down the street and have to large dogs tear ass after you ..... even if they do stop abruptly at the road. Gives me a heart attack.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    I hate it when people let their dogs run free, even with invisible fence. Nothing like walking down the street and have to large dogs tear ass after you ..... even if they do stop abruptly at the road. Gives me a heart attack.
    I thoroughly agree with Roy and you; this nearly tops my "pet" peeves. Way too many stray dogs where I live to be adding domesticated dogs to the "loose dogs" equation.

I'm starting to believe a "one-dog-per-household limit" rule should be in place where I live.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

People who assume I have an IQ of about 76 and I enjoy line dancing and I like to beat up women and drink cheap beer and screw farm animals just because I am from a town of only 300 people.

The guy at the bar (TadBiffSkipChip Wellington Roman Numeral) last week that got mad at my friend just because my friend gave a dollar to Tad's girlfriend because Tad was getting her to make out with and dance provocatively with her smokin hot female friend. Dude, you are in a public place with dozens of other drunks. No matter how tough you think you are (he wasn't tough at all), there is always someone tougher.

People at work who think I need their help. Go away and help yourself first.

Speakers who delay a meeting to wait for the late people to show up.

I was there on time. I have another meeting in an hour and another one after that. Start your meetings on time.

Meetings that go over the scheduled time.

My calendar is a delicate juggling act these days. Don't screw it up.

Conference call meetings with an out of state plant that get cancelled at the last minute and no one bothers to tell you. You're sitting there for 15 minutes listening to the sounds of silence.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    You mean right on red? You're supposed to stop.

No, not at a light. Turning from a street to another street w/o a stop sign, a driveway or business enterence.

DVD's that force you to watch the previews--won't let you skip straight to the menu.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I know someone who does the "big gap when stopped behind other cars" thing. She has asthma and does it because she is concerned about the health hazard of breathing exhaust fumes from the car in front of her. I would guess there are people who do it because of a simple aversion to exhaust fumes.

I'm all about not inconveniencing other drivers, so it annoys me when I see it happen, too. I just don't react to it anymore, since I know there are people with a legitimate reason for hangin' back.

Now that I'm picking up my high-schooler from his school of over 2K students, I'm starting to accumulate "annoying driver" stories in bulk. :

People that leave shopping carts in the middle of a parking lot and don't return them to the cart corral.

And worse, people that don't secure the shopping cart and let it roll into another car as they blithely drive away already on their cell phone going to soccer practice ignorantly cutting people off in their Abrams M1 SUV.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Old people
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?