Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

Re: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

When we bought some of our appliances from Lowes they had numerous rebate forms on them. One of them was a rebate for the $50 delivery charge. So I filled out the rebate form and sent it in w/ a copy of my receipt.

They sent me a letter back saying that because I didn't send them the ORIGINAL copy of the receipt I didn't qualify for the rebate. I'm one who checks and double checks everything when it comes to forms and paperwork. Nowhere did it say that I had to send them the original.

I called them and let them know that... basically got the run around from the phone rep and that if I go to this website and fill out this "appeal" form and also download a new rebate form and fill it out, they will look at it.

I told them that for $50 it ain't worth the trouble; but that now that I know all the hoops you have to jump through, I'll think twice when a Lowes offers a store rebate.

I like rebates too. But I don't let it be the driving influence in WHY I make a purchase. Especially with appliances. I'm more concerned with prchasing a quality product. That way, if something happens with the rebate, I'm still satisfied with my purchase.

And we still got back a total of $250 from the other rebate forms we submitted. We bought those Maytag Neptune front loading washer/dryer. Man they are nice (and very efficient).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

The only place where rebates catch my attention is at CompUSA. Because my sister works there, I can get stuff at cost there, plus any rebates they offer. They're nice enough to automatically print off the rebate forms and multiple originals of my receipt so that I usually just need to cut the bar code off of the box, attach the form and the receipt, and mail it away.

Oneupper and GAC, one way to cut off their monkey business when they say they didn't get stuff is to photocopy everything before you mail it. If I'm mailing in a rebate, I'll head down to the post office with the letter unsealed. They have a copy machine there, so I just arrange my items on the machine, drop in the $.07 or whatever the going rate for copies happens to be, and I have a document of what I actually mailed them. That way, if they later try to claim I didn't send them something, I can fax them the photocopies of what I did send. Usually stops them in their tracks right there.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post

Oneupper and GAC, one way to cut off their monkey business when they say they didn't get stuff is to photocopy everything before you mail it. If I'm mailing in a rebate, I'll head down to the post office with the letter unsealed. They have a copy machine there, so I just arrange my items on the machine, drop in the $.07 or whatever the going rate for copies happens to be, and I have a document of what I actually mailed them. That way, if they later try to claim I didn't send them something, I can fax them the photocopies of what I did send. Usually stops them in their tracks right there.
    I save the .07. I scan everything into the computer. I can the print or fax as needed...but it still didn't help me with the "send the original twice" scam. BTW, once it was by CompUSA (one of their rebate operators).

I now have the same problem with some miles I'm requesting from United.
    I sent in the paperwork (and original boarding passes). Request was denied (for a different reason). I appealed and they replied for me to send everyting (including ORIGINAL boarding passes) again. I sent the case to the BBB.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I save the .07. I scan everything into the computer. I can the print or fax as needed...but it still didn't help me with the "send the original twice" scam. BTW, once it was by CompUSA (one of their rebate operators).

I now have the same problem with some miles I'm requesting from United.
    I sent in the paperwork (and original boarding passes). Request was denied (for a different reason). I appealed and they replied for me to send everyting (including ORIGINAL boarding passes) again. I sent the case to the BBB.
    I did hear that there was a website that let you make your own boarding passes. But I think the feds took it down this past week.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

My guess is this has already been mentioned but I'm lazy and don't want to re-read 10 pages of complaints (many of which are mine!).

People who feal it neccessary to drive 35-40mph on the highway when it is raining. I know the visibility is decreased and it's wise to slow down, but must they crawl along this slow? Creates more of a hazzard than reduced visibility or hydroplaning.

here's one that i encountered yesterday at costco...while standing in line, the woman who was currently being rung up at the register was on her cell phone...the cashier had completed scanning all of her merchandise and she's not paying any attention to him as he waits for her to pay...she continues talking, and fumbling through her purse digging for gold...this goes on for several minutes...the cashier and the bagger were both getting impatient, but of course wouldn't say anything to the lady...not once did she say i'm sorry or offer any type of excuse...

after what seemed like almost 10 minutes, i had enough...i yelled out "get off the phone lady...i don't have all day to wait for you"...the lady gave me a quick side eyed glance and finally hung up and paid the guy...despite yelling at her, it still took her another minute to complete the transaction...the cashier and the bagger both looked at me with such joy for yelling at her...when i got up to pay for my stuff, i did apologize to them for yelling, but they both said she deserved it...i really felt bad for yelling, but come on, you know when you get in line to have your card and your money ready...no excuse for being on the cell phone and ignoring everything else that's going on around you...it's not about you lady...wake up!!! oh, now i'm aggrevated again, just thinking about it...

Red In Chicago,

You could have a whole new thread there:
    "Things that Drive You Crazy: Cell Phone Edition"

Anti-theft, anti-tamper proof product sealing. I mean c'mon! It's getting ridiculous. The way they seal DVDs in the heat wrap and then the security tape all over them.

My son bought a toy action figure at WalMarts the other day, and they had this thing tie-wrapped in all over the place that AFTER I got the sealed hard plastic cover off, which was a chore in itself, I thought the tie-wraps wasn't as much for anti-theft as it was from keeping him from escaping from the packaging and making a run for it.

But nothing is as worse as when you're sick with the flu, and you're trying to open those sealed package of tablets that have the dotted line that says "open here", as if it's a simple task.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

How u doin

old women driving

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    But nothing is as worse as when you're sick with the flu, and you're trying to open those sealed package of tablets that have the dotted line that says "open here", as if it's a simple task.
    That's referred to as 'Adult-Proof Packaging'. Kids get into 'em fine though.

Rem

I hate people that take the last cup of coffee from the office coffee pot and don't make a new pot.

I really hate it when I make a pot, go to get a cup, and the meeting in the conference room decides that the fresh pot of coffee sounds like a good idea and they take the whole thing.

Or when someone comes in with a 48 oz. mug, decides the coffee looks good, and fills their whole mug while you stand there watching. And then says "whoops, looks like we need more".

Or when someone can't wait for the pot to finish and tries to slip their cup under the drip thing to get an early fill and ends up making a big wet mess. And then walks away.

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I hate people that take the last cup of coffee from the office coffee pot and don't make a new pot.

I really hate it when I make a pot, go to get a cup, and the meeting in the conference room decides that the fresh pot of coffee sounds like a good idea and they take the whole thing.

Or when someone comes in with a 48 oz. mug, decides the coffee looks good, and fills their whole mug while you stand there watching. And then says "whoops, looks like we need more".

Or when someone can't wait for the pot to finish and tries to slip their cup under the drip thing to get an early fill and ends up making a big wet mess. And then walks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    You can always tell which lucky, lucky office workers have experience working in bars/restaurants, because they will never do this. The good ones know that leaving an empty coffee pot on a hot burner will cause it to burn, stink, and possibly crack. They either make a new pot or turn off the burner.

Tip your waitress, thanks.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Parents who seem oblivious to how loud their children are in resturants. I'm not even talking about screaming and running amok. But some parents can't seem to recoginize the ambient level of noise and keep their children within it. If you are the loudest table in the resturant, you should be embearesed, not oblivious.

The kid just chatters away..on and on...blah blah balh. Mommy, why is the sky blue. Mommy, I want chicken strips. Wheeeeee! Every once in a while one of the parent meakly utters, "now Dakota, use your inside voice" almost applogetically.

The other irritating issue is that they let the kids chatter on and on and never stop making noise while the parents talk to each other. Here's a radical idea, why not engage them in the conversation a bit? Or bring along some coloring books? Or tell (not ask) them to hush up. Kids need to be kids, and be allowed to make noise, blabber away about nothing or generally just be themselves. But why do so many people think a public resturant is the place to do that?

Urrrrghhh
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 11-16-2006 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Parents who seem oblivious to how loud their children are in resturants. I'm not even talking about screaming and running amok. But some parents can't seem to recoginize the ambient level of noise and keep their children within it. If you are the loudest table in the resturant, you should be embearesed, not oblivious.

The kid just chatters away..on and on...blah blah balh. Mommy, why is the sky blue. Mommy, I want chicken strips. Wheeeeee! Every once in a while one of the parent meakly utters, "now Dakota, use your inside voice" almost applogetically.

The other irritating issue is that they let the kids chatter on and on and never stop making noise while the parents talk to each other. Here's a radical idea, why not engage them in the conversation a bit? Or bring along some coloring books? Or tell (not ask) them to hush up. Kids need to be kids, and be allowed to make noise, blabber away about nothing or generally just be themselves. But why do so many people think a public resturant is the place to do that?

Urrrrghhh
    My entire family is guilty of this. They are extremely loud. Italian blood and there are a ton of them; it's not a good mix, and naturally they all talk at once too. I often have to hold the phone away from my ear when a family member is speaking at "normal" volume. A bunch of them in a restaurant, and it's a disaster.

I've tried to break myself of this and have been largely successful, I think, but when I get together with them it's impossible not to join in if you want to be heard at all.

By the way I love reading these, it's almost as good as a "what happened to you today?" thread.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?