Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

Re: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

When our kids were little we didn't know what eating out was. We refused to do it.. We just threw a slab of meat into the crib.

As for the coffee thing. I've pretty much cut caffeine out of my diet. I had to for personal health reasons. But working 3rd shift I still have a cup prior to going into work.

But I can't drink coffee from places like Starvin' Marvin and other Quik stop places. I understand why people do though. It gets you vibrating right off the bat.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-16-2006 at 08:32 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    My entire family is guilty of this. They are extremely loud. Italian blood and there are a ton of them; it's not a good mix, and naturally they all talk at once too. I often have to hold the phone away from my ear when a family member is speaking at "normal" volume. A bunch of them in a restaurant, and it's a disaster.

I've tried to break myself of this and have been largely successful, I think, but when I get together with them it's impossible not to join in if you want to be heard at all.

By the way I love reading these, it's almost as good as a "what happened to you today?" thread.
    The one side of my family is German. We're pretty quiet until you add beer, then we get to be loud talkers who love to debate and solve the world's problems. My other side is part Scottish, so they can get pretty loud too. In Germany and Austria, they speak at a low register outdoors but get much more animated sitting around a table eating and drinking. On the other hand, you can hear American Tourists all the way down at the other end of a crowded street, but when you meet them at the beer hall, you have to tell them to speak up.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    On the other hand, you can hear American Tourists all the way down at the other end of a crowded street, but when you meet them at the beer hall, you have to tell them to speak up.
    That is so true.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

People who walk their dogs and throw the poop bag into YOUR trash.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    People who walk their dogs and throw the poop bag into YOUR trash.
    Hey, at least they're picking it up. Every once in a while, I still find dog bombs in my yard along the sidewalk.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I took my daughter to an Open House at the local Joint Vocational School (JVS) last night. She'll be a Jr in high school next year.

She is looking at two programs.... Early Childhood Education and Management OR Animal Management.

Afterwards she asked me for my advice.

I told her which does she prefer working with?.... Baby crap or animal crap!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

People who refuse to use email for any form of communications.

I know email isn't an effective tool for all coverstations, but when used correctly it can really eliminate a lot of pointless phone calls.

One of my coworkers responds to every email I send him with "call me". I continue to email him. Latley I've started responding, "I'm in the middle of a few things, please call me when you have a chance". NOTE: He's at the headquarters and I'm in a satalite/home office so the chances of him being away from his desk/on the phone are greater than me being away from mine.

People who drive 15mph in snowy weather when the road conditions are more like 30-40mph.

Got caught behind a dude in a pickup on US150 in Kentucky this week for nearly 10 miles. It was a hilly, twisty road so you just couldn't pass. The weather conditions called for reduced speeds and caution, but ths guy had aprox 20+ cars piled up behind him before he finally turned. We were all bunched up and working the breaks to keep from smacking into the folks ahead of us. The poor guy behind me had an S10 pickup and he was dancing all over the road because he had to ride the breaks down the hills and gunn it to get back up them (because he had zero momentum thanks to Mr. Slow Guy).

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I offically witnessed the longest right hand turn in the history of mankind yesterday.

The turn signal and brake lights were on for nearly a half mile. I started counting missed driveways and he drove past 16 of them, which means he probably missed 21. And he kept almost turning into all of them, and the thing was, there were totally unrelated businesses. It wasn't like he was mistaking a Chili's for an Applebee's. It was more like a Dry Cleaners here, a Sporting Goods store there.

Also- a few other things that have made me wanting to go out in search of this thread lately:

Products that make enhancements for the sake of making them.

The latest one: Froot Loops. Have you seen this? They now have Froot Loops that contain several GIANT red Froot Loops.

How many times have you been sitting there enjoying your morning bowl of Froot Loops and wished that just a few of them were really big??? Yeah, I haven't either.

Also- people who tell stories to you and drag them out for a really long time when the ending is obvious.

A girl came into my office yesterday and was trying to tell me how she learned what the term "MILF" meant.

"I told my daughter that someone called me a MILF and she said Who told you that? And I said What does it mean? And she said who told you that? And I was like why? What does it mean? Who told you that? what does it mean?

I kept thinking, I don't know about you lady, but I only get 24 hours in a day to lead my life, 8 of which are spent sleeping, so get to the point....

There are times in my life when I wish I were Simon Cowell and I could hold up my hand and say, "Thank you..." just like he does when he cuts people off.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

The weather conditions called for reduced speeds and caution, but ths guy had aprox 20+ cars piled up behind him before he finally turned.
    I remember riding in the back seat of a car with my best friend as his aunt drove us home from school one day. We had a line of cars so long behind us that when we pulled into our driveway people were honking their horns and flipping us off. His aunt said, "What's their problem?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    There are times in my life when I wish I were Simon Cowell and I could hold up my hand and say, "Thank you..." just like he does when he cuts people off.
    I do this, and it has actually gained me respect among my friends. Who knew?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Live in concert. What does that mean?

People who have cellphones attached to their ears while driving. I always seem to get behind the same couple of people (and yes, they are both woman) who are driving 35 in a 55 zone and weaving all over the place. The other day I followed this one into the parking lot at work and she swerved to the left and took out several of those reflectors that are along the driveway into the parking lot to show where the edge of the road is. She never knew it and kept right on driving.

And another point - people who refuse to pass these people, for whatever reason, so that when you come up upon the "group", there is a line of 4-5 cars which makes it risky and/or impossible for you to pass. I'm referring to being on a county road, not the interstate. I followed one such group the other day for about 5 miles. I finally saw an opening, took my shot, and blew by them. Dale Earnhart would have been proud. Of course Dale would have probably sideswiped a couple of them off the road as he passed.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Live in concert. What does that mean?
    Before my wife and I were married, she went to a Counting Crows/Live concert.
    She was really surprised to find out that Live was the opening act she figured it was just Counting Crows Live.

I said to her, "It's a concert, what's the alternative, Counting Crows on tape?"

Yeah, it's a miracle she married me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

People who complain and complain and complain about their job, but aren't willing to do anything to make it better or try to find a new one.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Brat kids who spend the entirety of college basketball games kicking the back of your chair and spilling pop onto your jacket. And their parents who refuse to do anything about the above, then yell at you when you stand up at crucial points of a game.

Turn Off Ads?