Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

I'm toolsy.

Re: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Speaking of bathrooms, I hate when a bathroom has an attendant, so when you wash your hands all of a sudden you are obligated to tip him. Jeez, I just wanted to take a piss and now its gonna cost me money. And I don't need cologne, chips or a big, black 1980's comb either.
    I was at a bar in Myrtle Beach recently that had a bathroom attendant. When you budgeted your night you had to keep that in mind:

10 beers X $3 each = $30
    5 trips to the bathroom X $1 = $5

I could have had another beer if I didn't pee so much!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I'm toolsy.

EBay sellers that don't accept paypal.

People who park the wrong way on the street. That's why rear lights have reflectors, you eedjits.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    EBay sellers that don't accept paypal.

I have to offer up an offical applogy. Somewhere in this lengthy saga of a thread, I think I crapped on bluethooth headset users. I'm lazy and am not going to look for it.

Suffice it to say I was rather harsh. Well.....today I just bought a bluetooth headset. I got so tired of my wired headset getting tangled up in my seatbelt and cellphone power cord. I don't know what it is about this car (had it since May) but for some reason that headset cord gets caught on everything. My previous cars the wired deal worked just fine...but no longer.

Anyway, I broke down and got one. After breaking bad on users I would have felt totally hypocritical had I not fessed up.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Anyway, I broke down and got one. After breaking bad on users I would have felt totally hypocritical had I not fessed up.
    Just don't look annoying while wearing it, and I think you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    People who don't park their cars in their driveways.

They REALLY drive me nuts after a snowfall. The plows can't clean the streets, Peeps!
    County snow plows who drive by and blow all the snow back up into your newly cleared driveway.

We got a pretty good chunk of snow up here, and with the wind it drifted alot of driveways over out here in the country. My neighbor, in this bitter cold, took about 2 hours to clear out his driveway.

I was over talking to him and just about that time a snow plow came by and blew the snow off the road covering about a third of his driveway back up, almost two feet in depth too.

I've never heard my neighbor use that type of language before.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

People who rush ahead of you to get in line and then take their sweet time paying the cashier...

They call me "chef"

Baristas who will avoid eye contact & ignore you as they do "unknown busy work" behind the counter and expect you to interrupt them & just order. Yesterday I stood there staring at this guy for 10 seconds until finally I started laughing cause he was about a foot in front of me & never acknowledged me. Then when he did he just did a silent head nod. I should have silently pointed at what I wanted on the menu and thrown a $5 bill on the c ounter but I opted for saying hello and using words like a polite adult member of society.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

People who say "I'm not racist but..." right before saying something racist.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    People who rush ahead of you to get in line and then take their sweet time paying the cashier...
    Similarly, people who leave long, windy voice messages and then, at the end, speed throught the call back number so quickly you can't jot it down.

I've had a great day so far, to wit:

People who email me....then find me later and tell me what they just emailed me.

People who can't run meetings- you don't have to be a dictator about it, but realize that 3/4 of those of us sitting around the table to are trying to will you the kahones to shut down the blowhards and move things along.

In training classes when the teacher says that if we keep the questions to a minimum we can go home early...

And then people ask and ask and ask....

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    People who can't run meetings- you don't have to be a dictator about it, but realize that 3/4 of those of us sitting around the table to are trying to will you the kahones to shut down the blowhards and move things along.
    God, yes. Please shut down the grandstanding compliments. "I just want to point out what a great job Chester has done.....". Chester: "And I want to point out the tremendous support......".

Can it. It's work. Let's get it done and get on with our lives.

Generally, the meetings I attend have 3-4 agenda items. It shouldn't be hard for a meeting facilitator to say, "Thanks for those valuable comments. If I may, are we all prepared to get this back to the agenda item at hand?" All the reasonable people in the room will be relieved to have an opportunity to say emphatically, "Yes!".

Turn Off Ads?