Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

Re: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

What's your least favorite place for me to smack you silly?"
    I like that and plan to use it on occasion with your permission, Dom.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Blowers in restrooms. Just give me some paper towels...PLEASE! Don't you hate pushing the button and then rubbing your hands under the blower for what seems like ages? And then your hands still aren't dry. You always end up wiping them on your pants leg anyway.

When you're at a restaurant and the fork you're using has tines that don't line up quite right. You know, the fork has one prong that sticks up...it's like it's rebelling against the other tines. So what do we do? We take the fork out of our mouths, and then try and even things up by using our hands that we just tried to blow-dry and ended up wiping on our pants. Nice.

Ketchup packets at fast-food places. Okay...if you're gonna make us use ketchup packets, then make 'em bigger! First of all, it's just a huge hassel to try and rip the thing open. Sometimes you can't even get a good grip. Then when you do finally get a grip on it, you end up tearing the whole side open, making a mess in the process. So then you squeeze out the little-tiny bit of ketchup that's in the pack. And it's good for, what? Two fries? If you're like me, you spend five minutes opening enough ketchup packets for your super-sized fries that are cold by the time you get enough ketchup squeezed out for them. Plus, I always have the dilemma of where to squeeze the ketchup to...do I squirt it into the lid of my Big Mac? Do i try and flatten out a wrapper and squeeze it onto that? What's proper ketchup packet etiquette? And the part that makes NO SENSE to me it that ketchup packets come with FAST food. Right? The food is supposed to be designed to eat on-the-go. So you go through the drive-thru, and they give you ketchup packets for the car. How's THAT supposed to work?
    Those hand dryers, while somewhat inconvenient, save a lot of waste. Sometimes I have to shake my hands a bit, but I do agree with them -- they're much better for the environment, especially since people tend to take handfuls more towels than they need.

And Max, I have told you what a lifesaver those ketchup packets are when you're poor...you can steal them from convenience marts and load up on them. On the other hand, you are right about them having too much plastic for too little ketchup, so they are bad for the environment too. So you win here.

I'm with you on the forks though. Good restaurants should be keeping an eye on those and getting rid of them once the prongs start to rebel.
    Last edited by vaticanplum; 08-18-2006 at 02:21 PM.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Speaking of bathrooms, I hate when a bathroom has an attendant, so when you wash your hands all of a sudden you are obligated to tip him. Jeez, I just wanted to take a piss and now its gonna cost me money. And I don't need cologne, chips or a big, black 1980's comb either.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I hate when I have to pee, and I step up to the plate, and someone's poop is in there. It's just gross. I don't want to see your poop. Flush the damn toilet.
    I think I finally found a signature to stick with!
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

People who find it neccessary to nearly come to a complete stop before turning right.

People who suddenly drive 30 MPH on the highway because it's raining.

People who don't understand the simple concept of merging. Those entering the highway speed up, those exiting the highway slow down. It makes no sense whatsoever to suddenly goose it up to 108mph just to get infront of me and then have to lock up the brakes to avoid flying over the guardrail as you enter the curving off-ramp. There will be nobody at your funeral to say, "sir, you won the race".

People who forget basic physics. When on the highway and you need to loose a little speed. LET OFF THE GAS. Friction and gravity will be your friends and slow you down. It is not neccessary to tap your brakes to adjust your speed by 5 mph.

As you might have guessed, I drive a lot. I'm in industrial sales so I have a lot of windshield time to get ticked off at people.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    Those hand dryers, while somewhat inconvenient, save a lot of waste. Sometimes I have to shake my hands a bit, but I do agree with them -- they're much better for the environment, especially since people tend to take handfuls more towels than they need.
    Tree-hugger.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Cell phones at the ballpark: Unless you are a doctor expecting an emergancy call or your kids are calling to tell you the house is on fire, there is ZERO need to be on a cellphone at the ballpark.

Anybody can get a cellphone. I've seen 8 year olds with them. You can go to the gas station and get a prepaid one over lunch. They really aren't much of a "status symbol"

The ability to talk on a phone isn't very impressive to me either. Lots of people can do it. Ma Bell made a pretty decent living off of people talking on the phone. You aren't special because you can do it.

If you insist on being on your cellphone at the ballpark do you have to compound it by sitting directly behind home plate? I'm already ticked at you anyway for sitting there, but to insult me further by ignoring the game to tell someone what time you'll be home for dinner really drives me nuts.

People that can't control their dogs.

My dog likes to go for walks. When she was young, we did a lot of training and now she is good on the leash. We go over to the park and walk the big loop around the park. She is a good dog, understands we're there to get a walk in, and we've got a job to do.

Invariably, we meet up with a dogs that the owner thinks its cute for the dogs to interact which means their dog snaps, bits, and barks at mine and the owner helplessly flutters and says "oh, I just can't do a thing with Fluffy".

Or, the owner that thinks the "all dogs on a leash" rule doesn't apply to them and their dog needs to feel the wind beneath its ears and run free. And attacks my dog while they say "Fluffy, oh Fluffy, please don't do that" while their dog completely ignores them and continues to attack my dog.

I usually deal with dogs like this curtly and use whatever means necessary to stop their nonsense quite abruptly. And let the owner know I'm not a happy dog walker.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    People who find it neccessary to nearly come to a complete stop before turning right.
    Or people who cross over into the next lane before making a turn. You're not driving a container ship, that little car was engineered for you to be able to take a turn without creating such a wide berth, and possibly causing a wreck.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Ditto - it's these people that make it such that it is difficult to take your dog to a lot of places.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Just FYI, my son works at Moe's and they get in big trouble with the management if they don't holler "welcome to Moe's". He said they all hate doing it.

Pay attention to the open sky

Roy that is a fantastic post. Wish I had rep to give you right now.

Dogs are simple pack animals. If you assume the role of pack leader and exersise your authority dogs are usually really easy to control. They want to have you in charge so they can follow you. That is how they are genetically engineered. Keeping your dog in check is really pretty simple if you are just willing to take charge, and set up boundries, rules and limitations. And put in some time establishing that authority and maintaining it.

Dogs are not people. Dogs are dogs. I love dogs and I'd be devistated if we lost ours, but we treat her like a dog because that's what she needs to be healthy.

I agree totally. Especially the part where the owner is flailing while fluffy bounces around doing what uncontrolled dogs naturally do. And then said incompetant owner gets mad at the dog!
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 08-18-2006 at 02:49 PM.

My dog likes to go for walks. When she was young, we did a lot of training and now she is good on the leash. We go over to the park and walk the big loop around the park. She is a good dog, understands we're there to get a walk in, and we've got a job to do.

Invariably, we meet up with a dogs that the owner thinks its cute for the dogs to interact which means their dog snaps, bits, and barks at mine and the owner helplessly flutters and says "oh, I just can't do a thing with Fluffy".

Or, the owner that thinks the "all dogs on a leash" rule doesn't apply to them and their dog needs to feel the wind beneath its ears and run free. And attacks my dog while they say "Fluffy, oh Fluffy, please don't do that" while their dog completely ignores them and continues to attack my dog.

I usually deal with dogs like this curtly and use whatever means necessary to stop their nonsense quite abruptly. And let the owner know I'm not a happy dog walker.

I hear you.

I can't stand irresponsible dog owners. Pick up after your dog, dammit.

And learn to use a leash.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Very good point. Dogs need discipline and education just like children do. Unlike children, with dogs, if you do a good concentrated smattering of it when they're very young then you're pretty much good to go. If it takes obedience school, it takes obedience school. After that you're pretty much set with a dog who will be happier, safer, and better behaved, and it make your own life a lot easier.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

When you hold a door open for someone behind you and they lolly-gag along and basically make you wait on them. I don't expect them to start running but it's pretty rude when you clearly see someone holding the door for you to not hustle it up a little.

I've actually just given up on a few people and let the door shut and move on. The people looked ticked but, I am not their personal door man.

Turn Off Ads?