Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

Re: Things That Drive You Crazy Part 46

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    People who find it neccessary to nearly come to a complete stop before turning right.

People who suddenly drive 30 MPH on the highway because it's raining.

People who don't understand the simple concept of merging. Those entering the highway speed up, those exiting the highway slow down. It makes no sense whatsoever to suddenly goose it up to 108mph just to get infront of me and then have to lock up the brakes to avoid flying over the guardrail as you enter the curving off-ramp. There will be nobody at your funeral to say, "sir, you won the race".

People who forget basic physics. When on the highway and you need to loose a little speed. LET OFF THE GAS. Friction and gravity will be your friends and slow you down. It is not neccessary to tap your brakes to adjust your speed by 5 mph.

As you might have guessed, I drive a lot. I'm in industrial sales so I have a lot of windshield time to get ticked off at people.
    A fellow road warrior. What about on the high way when someone can't decide on a speed. You come up behind them, so you get in the left lane and pass and they speed up as your passing them. Or if you do pass them, within five seconds they're on your tail trying to pass you, so you let them pass and they slow down again. I generally find that these people are on their cell phones and either way they should be beaten.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The guy in your company meeting who takes it upon himself to play devils advocate to every conversation or point made.

Also, the guy who decides the company meeting is a great place to air his discontent with the company by asking all sorts of hard-ass questions in an effort to bust the bosses private parts.

Sales meetings are gureling enough, I don't need these charicters to make it any worse for me.

I hate it when somebody gets their chocolate in my peanut butter.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I hear you.

I can't stand irresponsible dog owners. Pick up after your dog, dammit.

And learn to use a leash.
    My golden knows that before we walk, we go to the backyard to "do our business."
    No business, no walk. I don't like carrying the plastic bag around with me. He understands this and gets it done before we go. We live in a nice neighborhood, but it really bugs me to see a big pile on the sidewalk or in my front yard because someone is irresponsible.

Originally posted by Roy Tucker

People that can't control their dogs.

My dog likes to go for walks. When she was young, we did a lot of training and now she is good on the leash. We go over to the park and walk the big loop around the park. She is a good dog, understands we're there to get a walk in, and we've got a job to do.

Invariably, we meet up with a dogs that the owner thinks its cute for the dogs to interact which means their dog snaps, bits, and barks at mine and the owner helplessly flutters and says "oh, I just can't do a thing with Fluffy".

Or, the owner that thinks the "all dogs on a leash" rule doesn't apply to them and their dog needs to feel the wind beneath its ears and run free. And attacks my dog while they say "Fluffy, oh Fluffy, please don't do that" while their dog completely ignores them and continues to attack my dog.

I usually deal with dogs like this curtly and use whatever means necessary to stop their nonsense quite abruptly. And let the owner know I'm not a happy dog walker.

Cell phones at the ballpark: Unless you are a doctor expecting an emergancy call or your kids are calling to tell you the house is on fire, there is ZERO need to be on a cellphone at the ballpark.
    Even worse...cellphones at movie theaters (or any theater, really). I'm waiting for the day when they just put some sort of signal block in so people can't use their phones in theaters.

Roy that is a fantastic post. Wish I had rep to give you right now.

Dogs are simple pack animals. If you assume the role of pack leader and exersise your authority dogs are usually really easy to control. They want to have you in charge so they can follow you. That is how they are genetically engineered. Keeping your dog in check is really pretty simple if you are just willing to take charge, and set up boundries, rules and limitations. And put in some time establishing that authority and maintaining it.

Dogs are not people. Dogs are dogs. I love dogs and I'd be devistated if we lost ours, but we treat her like a dog because that's what she needs to be healthy.

I agree totally. Especially the part where the owner is flailing while fluffy bounces around doing what uncontrolled dogs naturally do. And then said incompetant owner gets mad at the dog!
    Good post! They really do want you to be the leader.

Roy that is a fantastic post. Wish I had rep to give you right now.

Dogs are simple pack animals. If you assume the role of pack leader and exersise your authority dogs are usually really easy to control. They want to have you in charge so they can follow you. That is how they are genetically engineered. Keeping your dog in check is really pretty simple if you are just willing to take charge, and set up boundries, rules and limitations. And put in some time establishing that authority and maintaining it.

Dogs are not people. Dogs are dogs. I love dogs and I'd be devistated if we lost ours, but we treat her like a dog because that's what she needs to be healthy.

I agree totally. Especially the part where the owner is flailing while fluffy bounces around doing what uncontrolled dogs naturally do. And then said incompetant owner gets mad at the dog!
    You've been watching this guy:
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    My golden knows that before we walk, we go to the backyard to "do our business." No business, no walk.

Boy, I wish. Our dog has to have it walked out of her.

Plastic grocery bags work well. I've mastered inverting the bag, reaching through to pick up, and then hermetically tying it shut. My dog gives me an offended eye if I bump the contents of the bag against her. Kind of like "I left it there, you're the one that decided to pick it up".
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Eww, y'know what I really hate?

When it's like 105 degrees, and you see a dog or child stuck in the car in a parking lot. That makes me want to pick up a shopping cart and throw it through the window so the dog/child can get out.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    You've been watching this guy:

Guilty as charged.

I've always had a knack for handling dogs and felt the way I do. Cesar just helped me put it into words. Heavily accented words, but words none the less.

Cell phones at the ballpark: Unless you are a doctor expecting an emergancy call or your kids are calling to tell you the house is on fire, there is ZERO need to be on a cellphone at the ballpark.
    As a corollary to this, I loathe the guy on his cell phone in front of me standing up while talking to his buddy, who's also in the park, trying to tell him where he's seated. "I'm standing up and waving. Can you see me?"

I'm also irritated by the guy in front of me that gets something from a vendor, has to stand up to get his wallet, then continues to stand while waiting for his change, then puts his change away, then puts his wallet away, then checks to make sure all is well around him, then sits back down.

We could have a 10-page thread just about ballpark annoyances.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody
    I'm also irritated by the guy in front of me that gets something from a vendor, has to stand up to get his wallet, then continues to stand while waiting for his change, then puts his change away, then puts his wallet away, then checks to make sure all is well around him, then sits back down.
    Very simular to this is the person at a counter who completes their transaction and then:
    1) gets the reciept from the clerk
    1a) Carefully reads the reciept to ensure it is correct
    2) puts it in their pocketbook organizer
    3) zips it
    4) puts the pocketbook organizer in their purse
    5) fumbles with getting said pocketbook organizer in their purse
    6) Zips their purse
    7) Fumbles with their keys
    8) Knocks one of their items on the ground
    9) Picks up said item
    10) Makes unncessary comment to clerk
    11) Finally steps away from the counter and allows the next person in line to get on with their life.

Once you are done with the clerk, simply step to the side so the next person in line can complete their purchase. Use your arm to scoot all of your purchases over and out of the way of the next person. This will give you all sorts of time and extra space to reassemble all of your gear before leaving the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Just FYI, my son works at Moe's and they get in big trouble with the management if they don't holler "welcome to Moe's". He said they all hate doing it.
    They cut them a break if they're wearing enough flair?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

traffic:
    1. If it's 40 feet you're moving up just to sit longer in a traffic jam then so be it. Maybe the light cycles through but odds are you'll have sat there about as long anyway. If you're gonna sit might as well not stress over it.

2. traffic peeve #1: People who leave 40 ft of space between them and the car in front while sitting at a red light. Especially if I want to get into the arrow-controlled LH turn lane and am blocked by a median.

3. traffic peeve #2: People who yield when they shouldn't. I had this one happen to me today. I'm going to make a left turn onto a side street from a well travelled 2 lane road. Happily waiting for the (slow - 25mph) oncoming traffic to clear, suddenly this guy stops in front of about 6 cars to "let" me turn in front of him. I'm sure he thought he was being nice but that's how accidents are caused. Don't do that!

Retail Establishments:
    1. If the person giving me my food didn't step from behind the counter to do so he doesn't get a tip.
    2. I never, ever give my phone number out. I'm not rude about it I just say "I don't give that out" and that's that. How many telemarketers' databases do you think that number would end up in?

Cell Phones:
    1. I can tune out quite a bit so I don't have a problem with people being loud or obnoxious with cell phones. But I can see how lots of people would.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red
    It drives me crazy when people don't flush the toilet in public restrooms.

I try my best to not go into public restrooms. Especially for #2. Never.

I hate when I have to pee, and I step up to the plate, and someone's poop is in there. It's just gross. I don't want to see your poop. Flush the damn toilet.
    I hate to see it at work too. And then they also trash the cafeterias and break areas. I wonder... do they do this at home also? Geez!

I can't believe no one has mentioned Narron's lineups yet.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?