Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fifth pick

Fifth pick

I've got the fifth pick in my upcoming draft, so I'm likely going to get someone like Clinton Portis, Rudi Johnson, Tiki Barber, or Ronnie Brown.

Right now, I'd probably rank them in that order. I think Barber is due for a letdown at age 30, and I think Rudi is headed for a big season. Portis' injury has me a little worried, but his upside is huge.

Thoughts?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fifth pick

The 5th pick is a tough spot to be in. Peyton went 5th in my 1st draft of the year.

1st round was:

1. Johnson
    2. Alexander
    3. LT (Me)
    4. Portis
    5. Manning
    6. Tiki
    7. Rudi
    8. Palmer
    9. James
    10. S. Jackson

I ended up with Ronnie Brown with the 18th pick somehow. I was very pleased with that.

If I had the 5th pick, I would hope that Manning dropped to me because he is more of a sure thing than Portis (post injury), Tiki (has Jacobs stealing TDs), Rudi (5th is to early).

Also, some people think Manning can be had in the 2nd or sometimes even 3rd round this year. every draft I've seen has him going late 1st.

In the above draft I listed, Manning went so high because you get 1 pt/ 20 yards and 6 pts for passing TD. QBs can put up big numbers with those settings.
    Last edited by Buckeye33; 08-18-2006 at 08:44 PM.

You can find a good QB in the later rounds -- Bulger, Warner, and even Brady are good options. Good RBs don't usually last past the 2nd round.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Redlegman

If Manning is there, take him. I think he will put up very big numbers. Portis's shoulder is a concern and Barber age is to. My sleeper pick is Willie Parker of Pittsburgh. One of my draft, I pick Manning at #2 and selected Parker in the 2nd round.

If Manning is their you grab him if not I would go with Barber or Rudi. I like Barber because he can get you some catches plus he stays in great shape.

Tiki.

nah.. take a RB 5th

Tiki or Rudy.. unless by some odd chance LT LJ or Shaun are still there.. never know some of these Indy fans take payton to early.. same for bengals fans and palmer.

RB RB RB RB RB.. only time i wouldnt take a RB n the 1st round is if im 8th or lower.
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

I think your choices at #5 are:

Edge, Rudi or Ronnie Brown.

I'd be tempted to take the Edge, but in the end I think I'd take Ronnie Brown.

Look for Thomas Jones in the later rounds (4-5) as well. He's currently way undervalued, IMO. Cedric Benson is a head case. I'm expecting Jones to put up the majority of the stats for the Bears.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 08-25-2006 at 04:35 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I think Edge will go 4th. If he's still there, I'm taking him. Otherwise, I'll probably go with Rudi and hope Ronnie Brown slips to the 2nd round.

The draft was tonight, and here's my team.

QB
    M Bulger
    K Warner

RB
    E James
    W Parker
    F Taylor
    K Barlow

WR
    T Holt
    S Moss
    D Jackson
    A Bryant
    R White

TE
    H Miller

K
    N Kaeding

D
    Buccaneers

I'm pretty pleased. I would have liked to get LenDale White or Laurence Maroney, but they were both vultured just before I got them. I figured I'd take a flier on Kevan Barlow (assuming he's the Jets' starter) -- I'd rather have a bad starting RB than a decent backup. Brandon Jacobs is still available if I change my mind.

take tiki and draft jacobs in a later round...

Turn Off Ads?