Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 10th pick (10 man league)

I'm toolsy.

10th pick (10 man league)

Glad to see all the FFB enthusiasts here! Well I have the last pick in our 10 man league this year. It is a serpentine draft, so I will have the 10th and 11th picks. My question: Do I look at a RB tandem like Stephen Jackson and Dominic Rhodes, or do I break the mold and go something like Manning and TO?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 10th pick (10 man league)

Well, there is going to be a better tandem left than Jackson and Rhodes at 10 and 11. Rhodes might not even play that much.

You should be able to get 2 of the following 4 RBs at the 10-11 slots:

Ronnie Brown
    Rudi Johnson
    Steven Jackson
    Cadillac Williams

If I had my pick of any of the 4, I'd take the 2 sophmores (Brown/Williams) and be very happy.

If Peyton is there at 10 and 11, I'd go Ronnie Brown and Manning. Then get the best RB and WR on your board with your next 2 picks.

Good luck.

I'd go for a combination of the two and take Manning and Jackson (assuming that by "Manning," you mean Peyton, and not Eli). Peyton is always a good bet to put up numbers, and Stephen Jackson should be good, too.

Of course, speaking as an Eagles fan, my hatred of TO knows no bounds. Still, I wouldn't take him over Stephen Jackson or Peyton Manning.

I'm a proponent of always going 2 RBs with first two picks. RBs for the win.

Rhodes didn't even get drafted in the 10-team league I'm in.

We just had a live draft on Friday. S. Jackson went sixth. I picked 9th-12th and took R. Johnson and C. Williams. 10-11 was S. Smith and L. Jordan.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I'm a proponent of always going 2 RBs with first two picks. RBs for the win.
    I would do this if I had an early pick, put at 10, you have a chance to get the best receivers on the board.

This may go against conventional wisdom, but my feeling is that if all the stud backs are off the board, then you are going to play catch up the entire draft trying to get the best players- meaning the guys who first pick are going to take the top backs on the way up, then they are going to take the top receivers on the way down because you felt like you had to take a Rudi Johnson or Caddilac Williams.

I hate drafting after # 5 because I really don't know which way to go.

I won my league last year with the #2 pick. These guys weren't real bright and let Tiki Barber fall to me in the second and Marvin Harrison in the third. I took LT first, so my team was killer form the start. My biggest mistake: passing on Palmer in rounds 6 and 7 to take Favre and Plummer. I hate myself for that, I really do.

I am going to take Carson Palmer way too early because I love the guy.

Where has Palmer been going in all of your drafts?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    I am going to take Carson Palmer way too early because I love the guy.

Where has Palmer been going in all of your drafts?
    Palmer went #8 in my 1st early draft. That is to early, but I know he hasn't made it out of the 3rd round in pretty much any real league draft, non "expert" draft.

HalMorrisfan77

War Eagle...

I go with the 2 boys from Auburn

Stephen Jackson is going to have a helluva year man

Quote Originally Posted by dieselman44
    Stephen Jackson is going to have a helluva year man
    He could have a very good year, but he is also an injury risk. Teams don't sign veteran running backs like Stephen Davis unless they have some concern about their #1 guy. He better hope Holt and Bruce are healthy or teams will stack the line on him and he will have a tough time getting 100 yard games.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I just had the 9th (and 12th) in a serpentine and took Ronnie Brown and Portis.

Portis is a gamble, but I figured what the heck, his upside is nice.

Funny thing, I then took Boldin at #29 and then got McGahee at #32. These guys I was drafting with were going crazy on QB's and it's not a heavy QB-scoring league.

So, I think I'm all cool and everything with Portis, Brown, and McGahee and then I realize that they all have the same bye weeks. Idiot!

So while these dudes are breaking open kickers and DTS's in the early to middle rounds, I grabbed Gore, McAllister, and Lundy. I held off on D's as well and while many took two D's and two kickers I figured there are free pick-ups so why waste 2 roster spaces on a 16-player roster with an extra d and kicker. Just take one that has a later bye week, so that you can have a good sample size to judge which one to take when you need them. I took Akers and Seattle D the last two rounds. I was actually surprised Akers was still there. I also nabbed Roy Williams and Driver (to go with Boldin) and Shockey for TE.

Ok, here's the worst part. Roethlisberger is my QB. Ok, Ok, but I refused to jump into the QB feeding frenzy early and I kept getting screwed later as right when I was ready to take a Warner and a Leftwich, they were snagged right in front of me.

So...

Week one

QB-Bennifer
    RB-R. Brown
    RB-McGahee (Lundy, Gore, Portis, McAllister back-up's)
    WR-Boldin
    WR-Driver (maybe start Roy Williams, not sure)
    TE-Shockey (Cooley backup)
    DST-Seattle
    K-Akers

Turn Off Ads?