Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds have got to WAKE UP!!!!!!!

Reds have got to WAKE UP!!!!!!!

If they even want to think about making the playoffs they better get their heads on straight and get on a winning streak like 7 in a roll or so.They have to go out there and want it bad and im sure they do BUT the way they are starting to play has me worried if they are starting to try to hard and choking.This team HAS to have winning mantality to win on a constant basis and to be honest I don't see that no more.Don't get me wrong this year I have had the most fun watching the reds since the 99 season and I just think they have come to far in the season just to let it all slip away.

COME ON REDS YOU CAN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds have got to WAKE UP!!!!!!!

Yeah no kidding.

I just watched the Dunn walk off grandslam because Reds success has been few as of late.....

but they can do it, just offense and pitching need to work TOGETHER!!!
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Yeah I'm cool with the Reds waking up at their earliest convenience.

It's actually quite annoying, as others will surely attest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

They have kept all of us "entertained" and somewhat involved this year, thanks to the extreme mediocracy of the NL; but the pitching just doesn't seem to be there.

I mentioned this in chat the other day because it does scare me....

Is Pittsburgh gonna be our Brewers of '99?

We have 7 more games against them.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Pittsburg does seem to be a thorn in our side this year.

I'm not one to proclaim the season over because of one loss or bad play. But I will say that if Pitt's takes a majority of games from this series it could be a sign of the end. These are games we have to win (they all are, but we should definatley win these).

We have to follow them up with a series against Houston that are "must wins" to keep them from creeping back into things.

And then we have the west coast road trip. That will decide the rest of the year real quick IMO.

Starting pitching has to stay solid. The bull pen has to step up (and be used correctly by Narron) and the bats need to come back to GABP.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Its not that they need to wake up. They are just being what they are. A sub .500 team trying to make a hot April stand up till October in a league weak enough to let that happen.

Reds record on:

May 1, 2006:18-8
    June 1, 2006:29-24
    July 1, 2006:44-37
    Aug 1, 2006:55-51
    Current: 62-60

Thats a 44-52 record since April by my math.

So don't have unrealistic expectations. A game or two over .500 might very well win the WC but thats more due to the state of the NL than the Reds being a good team.

Not good, Not good.

The past week the Reds just seem to be going through the motions. I don't see a lot of emotion, excitement, anything out of these guys. Even 1 game they will win with a Walk-Off homer it doesn't seem to affect them the next day what so ever and it really should.
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

One of the problems with the Reds as far as contending is a short bench, or at least one that is devoid of pjlayers who can make a contribution. Especially in the outfield. We play the same three everyday and they are wearing down. Griffey is 36 and Freel wears out easily. Dunn is showing signs of fatigue also.

Team depth will probably mean the demise of playoff hopes for the Reds. Of course, I hope this doesn't happpen.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D
    Its not that they need to wake up. They are just being what they are. A sub .500 team trying to make a hot April stand up till October in a league weak enough to let that happen.

Reds record on:

May 1, 2006:18-8
    June 1, 2006:29-24
    July 1, 2006:44-37
    Aug 1, 2006:55-51
    Current: 62-60

Thats a 44-52 record since April by my math.

So don't have unrealistic expectations. A game or two over .500 might very well win the WC but thats more due to the state of the NL than the Reds being a good team.

Looks like they did good in June as well... :
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    Looks like they did good in June as well... :
    Ah... June and the starting pitching. 18 quality starts in 27 games... 67%!!

Also 47 HRs by the REDS team in June. The most in a single month. This month they are on pace for 55 HRs as a team.

Also the worst month for the REDS bullpen.... 5.92 ERA. Not counting the 2 complete games in June, the BP gave up runs in 19 of 25 games they appeared. 6 saves & 6 blown saves in the month (OUCH).

A 15-12 record in June. A good month that could have been even better. And what seemed to start the Wayne K. 1-800-BULLPEN-HELP hotline.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500

I just watched the Dunn walk off grandslam because Reds success has been few as of late.....
    The ultimate Rally Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    Pittsburg does seem to be a thorn in our side this year.
    I think they are 17-15 since the All-Star Break, so whatever is left of that rossiter still thinks that they can compete.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

every pitch, every play like I said from the early part of the season. I'm not saying that I had anything right or wrong, that's just how it plays out sometimes in a season and it may play out like that this one.

We need to find a 5th starter.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    We need to find a 5th starter.

Keep scoring 14 runs a game and they can throw whoever they want. Milton couldn't even blow this one.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?