Today is Joe Nuxhall Day In Ohio 8/18/06

Furman said this last night.

Here is a Link. (Read page 2)

http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/J...J-06-20-06.pdf

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Today is Joe Nuxhall Day In Ohio 8/18/06

That's cool. I had no idea. Thanks for sharing. Joe is definitely an institution to me.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

I will definitely raise a glass in Joe's honor tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody
    I will definitely raise a glass in Joe's honor tonight!
    Oh, all right, I guess I will too.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Definitely a well deserved honor for a living legend. I'm glad this was done while the ol' lefthander could enjoy the adulation.

My only concern is that this will only further convince Mr. Castellini that Reds fans want Joe doing more games on radio and that he will keep sending Joe out there despite it being obvious in the STL series that he can't even do a marginal job of commentating any more.

Having said that, he's the greatest representative of this organization there is and the work he's doing with his Character Foundation deserves therecognition it is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by dougflynn23
    My only concern is that this will only further convince Mr. Castellini that Reds fans want Joe doing more games on radio and that he will keep sending Joe out there despite it being obvious in the STL series that he can't even do a marginal job of commentating any more.

Having said that, he's the greatest representative of this organization there is and the work he's doing with his Character Foundation deserves therecognition it is getting.
    It's really almost painful at times now. Take for example, the bottom of the 7th on Thursday against the Cards. On the Rolen HR, it took Joe a few good seconds I'd say to explain that the ball did go out of the park. I assumed it had from the fan cheers, but it was like he just had a senior moment (to put it mildly) and couldn't think of what to say for a while. Same thing happened real soon after on an infield single by I believe J. Encarnacion. That time I think the silence was even longer. Again, I had to go by fan cheers to assume he beat out the throw for the longest time. It's time to hang it up for good when there are times when the listeners are almost embarrassed for the legend in his current state.

I agree though on the man and his body of work, both in the booth and with charity!

Heres to the Hamilton native.
    I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Wow, you people are a tough crowd. For those of us that grew up on Nuxy and Marty it is good to hear him back in the booth. He got a raw deal from the former regime. I can only hope if I make it to his age I could think about doing the things he still does.

Turn Off Ads?