Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Watching the Cards-Cubs on TV right now...

Watching the Cards-Cubs on TV right now...

I kind of can't believe I'm about to say this, but even though the game is tied in the bottom of the ninth, the Cubs are playing better baseball than the Cards right now.

The Cards just look listless. They're not charging the ball, they're not keeping counts in pitchers' favor when they most need to, they're just not all there. These are supposed to be their great rivals, they've only won one game at Wrigley all year, and they've got the Reds nipping at their heels for the division title. This is exactly the time when they should be laying it all out the most, and they're just not. If they continue to play like this and the Reds can't catch them, it'll be a little disgraceful. Yes, it's tied, but in my opinion the Cubs are running circles around them on pitching and defense.

I know the Cards have lost a lot of their most crucial players to injury and have had pitching problems all year, and this must be a blow to their morale. but frankly they don't look very interested in playing good baseball. They don't look like a bad team, but this is not the same team I've seen the last few years.

The announcers referenced this a bit earlier...said that with the way they've been playing, they're lucky that they've managed to stay in first all year . Even with this mistake, though, they went on to compliment the Reds, Krivksy, Narron, and the way the team is playing.
    Last edited by vaticanplum; 08-19-2006 at 04:47 PM.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Watching the Cards-Cubs on TV right now...

What in the world was LaRussa thinkin when he pinch hit Encarnacion for Duncan in the 9th with 1 out and the bases loaded?
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Of course it's not the same team as the last few years.. this team is a .500 at best team but yet the NL is so horrible it's hilarious!

Really too bad the Reds couldn't have acquired Wuertz when the Cubs sent him out earlier this year rather than the stiffs(for the most part) they ended up with.

RotoHester

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick
    What in the world was LaRussa thinkin when he pinch hit Encarnacion for Duncan in the 9th with 1 out and the bases loaded?

I know what the thinking was, lefty pitcher, put in the right handed batter....but sometimes you have to put the numbers aside (EE taken out for Hatte with em loaded) and just go with the guy who's bat has smoke coming off of it. There is no way I take Duncan out in that situation. This kid is flat out killing the ball, I'd leave him in and take my chances, but what do I know.

Yea, thats what I'm saying, he had a HR his last AB too. I dont know what Duncan's K ratio is like but I know Encarnacion strikes out a lot.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Phil Nevin nails his first pitch with two on. Cubs win 5-4.

I feel indescribably dirty rooting for the Cubbies.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

How Narron of him

Yea, thats what I'm saying, he had a HR his last AB too. I dont know what Duncan's K ratio is like but I know Encarnacion strikes out a lot.
    shows you what Larussa thinks about him hitting against lefties. Of course the Reds failed to try and take advantage of that.

Turn Off Ads?