Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Izzy blows it again

Izzy blows it again

big chance for the reds to gain some ground tonight...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: issy blows it again

The Cardinals are a bad baseball team, unfortunately, so are the Reds. Both the Reds/Cards would be 5+ games below .500 if the NL was a little stronger this year.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    The Cardinals are a bad baseball team, unfortunately, so are the Reds. Both the Reds/Cards would be 5+ games below .500 if the NL was a little stronger this year.
    If the Twins were in this division, the Reds and the Cards would be out of it, and by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    If the Twins were in this division, the Reds and the Cards would be out of it, and by a lot.

if the twins were in the division, who would wayne trade with

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

If the Indians were in the NL Central, I think they would be in first place by a bunch.

Look at their RS/RA in the best division in baseball. They are something like 11 games under their pythag.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg
    If the Indians were in the NL Central, I think they would be in first place by a bunch.

Look at their RS/RA in the best division in baseball. They are something like 11 games under their pythag.

They are 11 under .500, so it's gotta be worse than that.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500

They are currently 55-67.

They have a Pythag of 66-56.

11 games.

11 games is what separates 12 below .500 and 10 above .500.

The Indians bullpen is far worse than ours. David Weathers would be an ace in their pen. To see the saves their pen has blown is just mind boggling and devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    The Indians bullpen is far worse than ours. David Weathers would be an ace in their pen. To see the saves their pen has blown is just mind boggling and devastating.
    They had Bob Wickman.

I thank Bob Wickman for June 30th, but I would still take Bob Wickman in our bullpen any day (except June 30th).

I do agree that their late collapses is very responsible for the strange discrepancy between RS/RA and their actual record, however, if they were in an easier division they probably wouldn't have been out of it at the deadline and they could have addressed the bullpen issue. Even as sellers, though, they still have managed to keep that pythag way up there.

Re: Izzy blows it again

Also somewhat responsible for the discrepancy between RS/RA and their actual record is the fact that the Indians lead all of MLB in number of games having scored 9+ runs. When the Tribe wins, they often win big.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

They had Bob Wickman.

I thank Bob Wickman for June 30th, but I would still take Bob Wickman in our bullpen any day (except June 30th).

I do agree that their late collapses is very responsible for the strange discrepancy between RS/RA and their actual record, however, if they were in an easier division they probably wouldn't have been out of it at the deadline and they could have addressed the bullpen issue. Even as sellers, though, they still have managed to keep that pythag way up there.
    I am a big Bob Wickman fan. I wish our Reds had acquired him instead of any of the other retreads. Before the Wickman trade, they had a closer and nothing else. Afterwards they had... nothing else.

Turn Off Ads?