Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ryan Franklin fetish

Ryan Franklin fetish

back from the game.

Is there any explanation for the Narron fascination with allowing Franklin to pitch high leverage innings?

BTW, EG looked like his arm was ready to fall off. 82-84 mph fastballs before he had to leave. I wouldn't expect to see him for some time.

Also this team is short at least one righty in the pen and likely two.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ryan Franklin fetish

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    Also this team is short at least one righty in the pen and likely two.
    Good thing we traded for a healthy righty....oops.

Looks like Standridge and pray for rain from here on out.

It's not just Franklin, Narron has a tendency to ride the new guy until it is proven beyond all doubt he's in the wrong role. When he got Castro, he got regular starts until Clayton came along, who started everyday until it became painfully apparent he was hurting the team. Eddie Guardado went out there every day whether it was a 3-run lead or 1 run down, until he just couldn't physically do it. Now it's Franklin, who is better suited to a long relief role but Narron wants to put him out there every day because it's his new toy.

Of course EG went out there with a 3 run or less....just about every time...but 1 when Bray pitched for him, due to his stiff forearm.

He was the closer.....so he goes out there to get the save.
    I don't know why that is a suprise to you.....that's what he was brought here to do....close. He did a fine job doing that..... and being hurt sure isn't Narron's fault.

Franklin i cannot explain......not in the STL game.....in this one...i think it was more the need for a long man, since Milton imploded before the 6th.

They really should have done another Eddie Guardado/Travis Chick deal for Bob Wickman when they had the chance.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Turn Off Ads?