Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds' Top Minor Leaguers

Reds' Top Minor Leaguers

Ok, well we are fastly approaching the end of the minor league season, well about 2-3 weeks away, and I was just curious as to everyone's thoughts on the top players in our farm systems, doesn't matter the class level, just how you would rank them, say throw them all together and list the top 10. I would have to say that Homer Bailey and Chris Denorfia would be near the top of everyone's list right now. And Joey Votto would be there as well. I put this in this thread instead of the farm system (minor league) thread because well these guys are going to be the ones we see next up here in the bigs and just wondering who is the best. Now I would like to see this list not tainted because of well an example such as this: hey Denorfia is in AAA and is going to be here faster than say Jay Bruce, if you think that Jay Bruce is better, then rank him higher. Looking for the top 10...I will post mine here in a little bit. I hope this hasn't been done recently, but knowing my luck it has, and if so, I truly do apologize, just thought it would be something neat to do since the season is nearing an end and we can evaluate based upon this season's results as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds' Top Minor Leaguers

I'll bite. Assuming Lizard doesn't qualify. Big Drop Off after number 3 and another after number 5 and most of those guys on the list from my standpoint are guys who are young enough that they haven't had as much time to prove they aren't prospects.

I admit there is a lot more knowledge about the system on this board than I have.

1. Homer Bailey
    2. Jay Bruce
    3. Joey Votto
    4. Travis Wood
    5. Johnny Cueto
    6. Sam Lecure
    7. Sean Watson
    8. Milton Loo
    9. Chris Denorfia (based on love from this board, seems like a AAAA guy to me).
    10. Tie: Drew Stubbs/Chris Valaika

what ever happened to BJ Szymanski,I thought he was a top 10 prospect for the REDS ?

in low A-ball Dayton, having trouble making contact. Makes Dunn look like Rod Carew.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123
    I'll bite. Assuming Lizard doesn't qualify. Big Drop Off after number 3 and another after number 5 and most of those guys on the list from my standpoint are guys who are young enough that they haven't had as much time to prove they aren't prospects.

I admit there is a lot more knowledge about the system on this board than I have.

1. Homer Bailey
    2. Jay Bruce
    3. Joey Votto
    4. Travis Wood
    5. Johnny Cueto
    6. Sam Lecure
    7. Sean Watson
    8. Milton Loo
    9. Chris Denorfia (based on love from this board, seems like a AAAA guy to me).
    10. Tie: Drew Stubbs/Chris Valaika
    I totally agree with you about the possibly dropoff after number 5, but although there is a slight dropoff after 3, I wouldn't say it would be that much.

Also, I would put Miguel Perez somewhere in the top 10 as well basing upon my list, unless I just wrong on that one, which I could be. Still trying to get my list together, hopefully later on in the day I can, let's here from some others, I think this could be a very interesting topic and even moreso, if there are comments next to some of the names....if they have a dropoff during the season or saw a marketed improvement...

1. Homer Bailey - P
    2. Jay Bruce - OF
    3. Joey Votto - 1B
    4. Travis Wood - P
    5. Johnny Cueto - P
    6. Javon Moran - OF
    7. Sam Lecure - P
    8. Tyler Pelland -P
    9. Drew Stubbs -OF
    10. Milton Loo - SS/3B

Now I cant really include anyone from the most recent draft that high yet becuase well outside of a very small sample in rookie ball, there isnt much to go on outside of scouting reports. There are some guys who are quite interesting to watch from this years draft next year, or even guys that are in rookie ball.
    My keep an eye on list would include:
    Chris Valaika - 2B
    Josh Ravin - P
    Paul Janish - SS (a bit old, but finally hitting decent and has a very very good glove. If he can hit in AA next year, keep a close eye on him)
    Jordan Smith - P
    Sean Watson - P (drafted out of college as reliever, but looks to be on his way to becoming a starter. Keep an eye on him)
    Juan Francisco - 3B
    Brandon Rice - P
    Camilo Vazquez - P

Turn Off Ads?