Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: Hopper batting 1,000

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Nice hit today, Dennis.
    Congrats to Norris Hopper, on his first major league hit!

Norris is 27 yo, was leading the International league in batting average, and came to the Reds system from the Royals last year. He spent part of spring training with the Reds, started out in AA, and was quickly promoted to AAA Louisville.
    sorry we're boring

That must be such a total thrill to get your first MLB hit in your first MLB at bat. Here's to many more years of success for the young man.

Did I hear somewhere that he spent some time at 2B in his past?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    That must be such a total thrill to get your first MLB hit in your first MLB at bat. Here's to many more years of success for the young man.

Did I hear somewhere that he spent some time at 2B in his past?
    Yes, he can play 2nd base.

NOTE: Tracy Jones said tonight that no one made a big deal out of HIS first MLB hit.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2
    NOTE: Tracy Jones said tonight that no one made a big deal out of HIS first MLB hit.
    Well, Tracy played the game. And Norris did not....until today
    sorry we're boring

Ex-Tree

Hopper got an extended standing O for his first big league hit. It was probably the best moment of Sunday afternoon--other than the victory.
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Norris Hopper Stats and information

Norris Hopper, 2B, OF

Height/Weight: 5-10/175
    Birthdate: 03/24/1979
    Birthplace: Shelby, NC
    Bats/Throws: R/R
    Team: Cincinnati
    College: None
    MLB Experience: Rookie
    Drafted: Selected by Kansas City Royals in 8th Round (227th overall) of 1998 amateur entry draft (June-Reg)

Stats in Louisville:

Norris Hopper had a pinch-hit single in the eighth inning in his first career plate appearance. (Updated 08/20/2006).

Stats: Click here:
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...s-hopper.shtml

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today....php?id=440361

Louisville, KY - Outfielder Norris Hopper has been named Hitter of the Month for July for the Louisville Bats.
    During the month of July, Hopper batted a league high .406 with 12 runs scored and 10 RBI. His seven stolen bases led the team during the month as did his .424 on-base percentage. For the year, Hopper is batting a team high .347 with 20 stolen bases. The 27-year-old Hopper is in his first full year at the Triple-A level. He ranked seventh among all Reds minor leaguers with a .310 batting average at Double-A Chattanooga in 2005.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

he is now tied with steve christmas on the reds all time hit list and is one ahead of Mike de la Hoz. How lugubrious

Maybe that's because the fans were still mad about the horribly bad misplay Jones made in LF in the top of the first inning.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Re: Norris Hopper Stats and information

Looks like a good guy to have around. He has proven he can hit and he has 20 steals so he will be able to come in and pinch run in late inning situations. When Denorfia went back down, the Reds lost that ability.

I'm sure he is no savior but he seems to fill a hole on this club.

I think I heard he is 2nd in all of AAA in hitting.

They call me "chef"

Re: Norris Hopper Stats and information

The only 'stat' I'm interested in is Norris Hopper's name. It is the joined awesomeness of two classic bad a$$es Chuck Norris and Dennis Hopper. WELCOME TO THE 25-MAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu
    Maybe that's because the fans were still mad about the horribly bad misplay Jones made in LF in the top of the first inning.
    Funny he did not mention that.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Funny he did not mention that.
    It's true. Jones got the surprise start in LF on Opening Day against Steve Carlton and the Phillies when Tony Perez was unable to go (Nick Esasky moved from LF to 1B to take over for Perez). On the first play of the game, Phillies LF Gary Redus (who had been traded along with Tom Hume during the offseason from the Reds to the Phils for John Denny and Jeff Gray) hit a ball to LF that Jones misplayed, and it went over his head to the wall for a double. Mario Soto stared Jones down all the way from the pitcher's mound after that play. If looks could kill, Jones would have been dead on the spot.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Tracy Jones said tonight that no one made a big deal out of HIS first MLB hit.
    I think he was referring to the guys in the dugout. And they often do this just to prank on the rookies a little. I'm sure they did make a big deal about it after one of them handed him the ball.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?