Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Game Observations

Game Observations

I was at GABP Saturday and Sunday. Since the AS break, the Reds are 8-0 when I'm in attendance. I guess I'm not a schleprock in all situations.

Dunns HR on Sunday - Pitch was shoulder level. Don't know if I have ever seen him hit a HR on a pitch that high.

On Narron - has no concept of leverage. Pitched Coffey on Friday while down six, pitched Franklin in the 7th with a one run lead on Saturday and came back to pitch Weathers in the 9th with a 4 run lead on Sunday(why not run Belisle out there).

This team desperately needs a 4th RH reliever. I think Belisle will step up if healthy.

Ryan Franklin didn't fit in Philly because he was HR happy, even in his days at Safeco. I see no way he will be effective for the Reds in any role excepting long relief.

Eddie looked like his arm was ready to fall off. I would be surprised if he makes it back this year. He stabilized the closer spot for the last month.

This whole 3rd catcher thing is a real albatross at this point. It really hinders any chance for an effective bench. Reds still need a 4th OF, sorry but Hollandsworth is not the answer (no surprise there).

I called the Bay HR off Milton (no surprise there either). Milton had no command of his offspeed stuff and when that happens teams just tee off on his fastball, even the Pirates.

Shoeneweis threw harder than I thought he would.

This team needs a LH bat and an outfielder. Best possible situation would involve getting rid of Hollandworth and doing something with Larue (who is so lost at the plate).

With the long west coast trip upcoming the Reds really need at least 2 of 3 from the Astros.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Game Observations

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    On Narron - has no concept of leverage. Pitched Coffey on Friday while down six, pitched Franklin in the 7th with a one run lead on Saturday and came back to pitch Weathers in the 9th with a 4 run lead on Sunday(why not run Belisle out there).
    It's pretty much been that way all year. Narron's bullpen management is a real head scratcher, that's for sure.

At some point this weekend - it might've been during the Hal and Marty lovefest in the 2nd - they were saying that if the fans knew what was really going on in the bullpen they wouldn't complain about how Narron is using it.

Of course they didn't tell us what's going on cause we are, after all, the little people who have no right to know anything.

On a brighter note, I'll be sitting in the Diamonds tonight. I'll be the one security is trying to restrain from climbing the wall when Adam is on deck.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    On a brighter note, I'll be sitting in the Diamonds tonight. I'll be the one security is trying to restrain from climbing the wall when Adam is on deck.
    I spent a game in the diamond seats against the Braves. Great seats, wonderful food. They were comp tickets so it was extra enjoyable. The seats are quite a treat.

Creek, I am expecting to see you climb around the screen and do your "kissing bandit" act.
    Last edited by flyer85; 08-21-2006 at 11:56 AM.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

At some point this weekend - it might've been during the Hal and Marty lovefest in the 2nd - they were saying that if the fans knew what was really going on in the bullpen they wouldn't complain about how Narron is using it.

Of course they didn't tell us what's going on cause we are, after all, the little people who have no right to know anything.

I'll be watching, creek. You better let us know of some signal so we will know who you are.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

I'm sure Marty and Hal were referring, more, or less, to the condition of Every Day (ED) Eddie's arm. Seeing as he's the only reliever that has been consistently reliable, I'm sure they've come to think the everyday fan is incapable of understanding that he is was and had been injured and that these lesser sorts were only being used out of desperation. Oh, that we could fathom as they that fathom so well.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Very interesting (not the part about Adam. I figured that). I often wonder why things are kept so hush-hush with this team. If this were New York, everyone in the 48 states (Do they follow baseball in sunny Hawaii or frozen Alaska??) would know what's going on. In Cincinnati, you have to have your special decoder ring to even get a straight answer. I blame the Cincinnati press for not being persistent enough, but who knows?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Or perhaps it involved some injury situation(s) that the Reds didn't want to divulge to the general public and, by default, their competition?
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Haunted by walks

The new HIPAA laws have something to do with how much medical information is given hese days, even on athletes, although a lot still gets out.

New York isnt getting everything about Glavine's clot, either.

Shoeneweis threw harder than I thought he would.
    I was there Saturday and Sunday also. SS did throw much harder than I expected (90+MPH) and got three batters in a row out on popups/ground outs.

Not saying he's the next 2nd comming or even that he'll be any good. He just wasn't what I was expecting.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

With Majewski and Standridge back soon, I doubt we need to trade for a RH reliever.

Turn Off Ads?