Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: uniforms 2007

uniforms 2007

Did anyone here Marty talking about the new uniforms for the 2007 year. red and royal blue is the color scheme.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: uniforms 2007

Say what?

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

royal blue or navy blue?

Navy blue makes sense; the Reds had navy blue hats with red bills up until the mid-50's.

Blue has always been the 3rd color of Reds uni's, historically. They ditched the blue highlights for all red and white in the late 60's, IIRC, and then, unfortunately, added black (along with every other team in baseball) a few years ago.

The black has to go. The dominant color has to remain red; I'm fine with either royal or navy blue trim colors.

Actually, the uni's of 1970 are by far my favorite! Just red and white, simple, elegant, classic (I hope someone will post pics of these uni's)
    sorry we're boring

I actually like the black in the current uniforms but am looking forward to a change back to blue.

Royal Blue. Wouldn't that be a little Cubs-esque?
    Navy, that'd be okay by me. I have never liked the black so much.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave
    Can you really trust an article that can't correctly spell Cincinnati?

so the Reds can look like the Cardinals. Royal blue would be a better idea. I wish they would just go back to simply red and white.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Old Red Guard Reject

We had another thread about this earlier this year. I'll say it again, here are the reasons NOT to go blue:

Red Sox, Rangers, Angels, Indians, Twins, Braves, Cubs, Phillies, Dodgers, Nationals, Cardinals.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Marty said yesterday that he thought that the third color would not be "navy" blue, but "royal" blue as they used in the 50's and 60's. They didn't use royal blue in the fifties and 60's. It was "navy." To my knowledge, the Reds have never used royal blue.

My hope is that they leave the blue out all together and go back to red and white, but please, no red shoes. Keep the black shoes. Personally, I am thrilled that black is being eliminated from the uniforms. I can live with a touch of navy, but red and white would be best.

Here is what the 39-53 colors looked like.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Marty did say "royal blue, not navy blue. Royal blue used to be in the uniform in the 50's and 60's."

I thought it was navy, myself, though.
    Makes all the routine posts.

That blue is a little deceptive. It was navy, but that looks a little washed out.

The caps were navy with a red bill and red wishbone "C" from 1937 through 1946. From 1947 through 1955, the red bill was gone and replaced with a solid navy cap with the red wishbone "C" except for 1955 when the wishbone "C" was outlined in white.

From 1956 through 1960, the reds went with the vest style uniforms and abandoned navy blue completely. It reappeared in 1961 and stayed in the uniforms in a very limited manner through 1966. In 1967, the Reds went back to traditional style uniforms and abandoned navy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Marty did say "royal blue, not navy blue. Royal blue used to be in the uniform in the 50's and 60's."

I thought it was navy, myself, though.
    It wasn't royal. It was navy.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    It wasn't royal. It was navy.
    Pffft.

It's like when my wife starts saying, "no, it wasn't taupe, it was mauve". Or "it was more a kelly green than a forest green, with a hint of a teal".

I'm color-challenged. If its not ROYGBIV, I'm lost.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?