Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: uniforms 2007

Re: uniforms 2007

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Looks like BA is wearing an all red cap while training for the trip to Japan...
    It was nice at first...and then I kept scrolling and saw the shirt

(I know it's just a practice shirt, but kill the black jerseys. Please.)
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Looks like BA is wearing an all red cap while training for the trip to Japan...

The hat that Arroyo is wearing is now out in stores, and I'm currently wearing one myself.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    The hat that Arroyo is wearing is now out in stores, and I'm currently wearing one myself.
    no blue in that cap. I can't wait to get a new one since the last authentic cap I bought shrunk.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

That hat has been out for a while as an alternate hat.

I've got one
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    That hat has been out for a while as an alternate hat.

I've got one
    It's never been worn in the field, iirc. I got one too...in '99 when they switched uni's last.

I need a new one. Translation - I'd like a new one - I don't need one. Sorry - parental definition of need is required in this situation.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

It has been worn on the field a few times, early in it's existence. The best cap of the three, and in my opinion, the red with the black bill was the worst. Just never looked right to me. As much as I don't like "black" in the Reds uni's, the black crown with the red bill was a much better looking cap.

There is a rumor circulating that New Era is possibly going away from the all wool caps (the 5950) for MLB, in favor of the material similar to the BP caps. I hope this is only a rumor. The current material for the BP caps is awful. The classic wool cap is a part of baseball that should never go away. There is also a rumor that all the new caps will have "black" undervisors, replacing the current "grey". I believe that the Angels already wear the black undervisor. Has something to do with MLB not liking the visible words that the players sometimes write on the undervisors of their caps. Wake up, MLB. (They make silver pens that will show up real nicely on black) Personally, I wish they would go back to the green undervisors of the old days.

The all-Red hats have not been seen on the field since April of 2000.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Bob Howsam should recieve credit for the gray color on the underneath of the bills. He deducted that green was too bright of a color and was a distraction. The gray acutally assisted the fielder with its tone.

I'd agree with you Randy on the wool. However, the reason I like the BP caps is the same reason that Kenny Rogers wore his BP cap. It's much more "forming" on the skull. Plus I really sweat alot and the medicated shampoo I use bleaches the wool.

The official unveiling will come Friday, December 1 at 5:00pm, at RedsFest.

And Randy, I'm hearing that the red cap with black bill (the one you hate) will be worn on the road now. I hope that's wrong and that they go with solid red all the time, because I hate that cap, too.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Well, according to a snippet on Wiki, the wool is gone for 2007 ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Era_Cap_Company

Beginning in late October 2006, New Era broke from tradition and switched to a 100% Polyester fabric for the 59-Fifty series. New Era also introduced a black underbill, black sweatband, and a raised MLB logo.[2][3][4] These caps were used by some members the Detroit Tigers in the 2006 World Series, and will be used by all MLB teams starting in 2007.[5]
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

I'll be buying a few of the all red, 5950's in wool, real soon.

If the new caps are fitted to size, they may not be as bad, but the BP caps that they are currently using are real uncomfortable if your size is an in-between one. They ride up on your head and are not structured as well as the 5950's. I liked the mesh style BP caps that New Era used to make. They were comfortable, stuctured just like the wool caps and not as hot in the summer months.

I haven't seen any info on the color of the BP caps. I hope that they are red and not black.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Bumping this for todays new uniform display

So instead of the top hat look, there will be more a slouch look.

I'm ok with that. Unlike Randy, I like my BP hat better. I do agree with Randy, I know some who have a BP hat and don't like it one bit.

Turn Off Ads?