Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: uniforms 2007

Re: uniforms 2007

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Actually I just took a look and the Reds are 3-8 this year at home on Sunday. Nix that idea.
    Based on performance and aesthetics.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    from todays version of Uni Watch:

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/
    That store owner doesn't say that the Reds or MLB told him that the black is being done away with so why take his word for it. Maybe he's just a wishful poster here at Redszone who is hopeing for new unis so he can make more sales next year with a new look. :

Rem

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Rem, just passing along info...
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Rem, just passing along info...
    I know. No problem for me. Part of my response was tongue-in-cheek.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    I know. No problem for me. Part of my response was tongue-in-cheek.

Rem

Rem made a funny. Film at 11 (Pacific Time)
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

My take...get rid of the block lettering on our road uniforms spelling our beloved city's name. I just can't stand that! I'd rather see that in a cursive font kind of like what the Orioles or Dodgers have.

Also black and red do go together, but if they are removing black all together, then I would love to see the current alternate jersey as our road jersey (w/o the black trim).

Imagine if they looked like this silly looking Hiroshima Carp 'Happi Coat'
    http://www.yakyushop.net/proddetail....2d77c401145e06

But this other jersey shirt by the Carp wouldn't look that bad for a Reds jersey:
    http://www.yakyushop.net/proddetail....2d77c401145e06

I've always liked script, if it is done right, but have you ever seen what "Cincinnati" looks like in script? I have a throwback jacket with "Cincinnati" in white script with an underlining tail across the front. Sometimes I like the look and sometimes I think it looks awful. Never have made my mind up on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    The ol' 'I' in ROYGBIV was hell in grade school. Arrrrgghhh!
    Yeah, but let's just be thankful we didn't have to try to learn "My very educated mother just served us nine __?__." I would fail the planet quiz today.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    Yeah, but let's just be thankful we didn't have to try to learn "My very educated mother just served us nine __?__." I would fail the planet quiz today.
    Nah, just change it. "My very educated mother just served us nachos." Because really, who doesn't like nachos?
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Well, at least I can look forward to the new uniforms next season. (Hopefully some new players to put in them) Come to think of it, I think the current version is full of bad luck and a symbol of a losing team and attitude. Since being introduced in 1999, there have been no playoff appearances and some pretty awful baseball. Hopefully, a new broom sweeps clean and the Reds get back to a winning attitude and tradition. Bring on the new duds. (And a few new dudes to put in them)

"New dudes in new duds!" I think we have the marketing slogan for 2007!

I agree that the current uniforms will be associated with losing teams in the future, and that's good enough reason to change them. I won't miss them.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Nice picture there, buddy! Those uni's are sweet! We need to meet up sometime down the road and talk about all this uniform stuff. Hope we're not dissapointed by the new uniforms.

Just passing info along ...

I talked with a retailer today about the uniforms for next season, and he said he's been told that the Reds hat is not changing at all, but the uniform design is changing. Since the Reds hat contains black, if what the retailer says is true, then that leads me to believe the new uniforms may also still contain some black even if it's only for trim in certain areas.

Again, that's what a retailer I spoke with said he's been told so take it for whatever it's worth. I'm pretty much resigned to not knowing what to believe until I see the uniforms myself at RedsFest.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    for some reason I don't like them. (Sunday uniforms) It's red overload or something, I don't think it suits the build of many of our team members. But I do prefer them to the black-trimmed uniforms.
    The team is the "REDS"....then look great IMO.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Perhaps we should use the current Sunday home uniforms for the road jerseys.

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiol..._red_wins.html

Red Outfits Give Athletes Advantage

By Robert Roy Britt
    LiveScience Senior Writer
    posted: 18 May 2005

A new study of Olympic athletes finds that those wearing red have an advantage over blue-suited competitors.

The reason may have to do with hard-wired perceptions in the human brain that date back to more animalistic times, researchers say.

In the study, scientists examined one-on-one sports in the 2004 Olympics in which competitors were randomly assigned red or blue outfits or protective gear. The events: boxing, tae kwon do, Greco-Roman wrestling and freestyle wrestling.

In 16 of 21 rounds there were more red-clad winners. Looked at a different way, red prevailed in 19 of 29 weight classes. The researchers are careful to point out that the effect is probably subtle, such that red can be a deciding factor only among evenly matched competitors.

"We find that wearing red is consistently associated with higher probability of winning," University of Durham researchers Russell Hill and Robert Barton write in the May 19 issue of the journal Nature.

Hill and Barton also analyzed the Euro 2004 international soccer tournament, in which teams wore shirts of different colors in different matches. The preliminary results of that investigation suggest a similar advantage for red in team sports.

The scientists cite other studies that suggest red correlates to male dominance and testosterone levels in animals. And in humans, they note, "anger is associated with reddening of the skin due to increased blood flow, whereas fear is associated with increased pallor in similarly threatening situations."

Perhaps athletes have a subconscious reaction to red that puts them at a disadvantage, the researchers contend. And they offer this advice: "The color of sportswear needs to be taken into account to ensure a level playing field in sport."
    Wow, very cool/interesting.

I would love the Sunday Uniforms full time home
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Turn Off Ads?