Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: uniforms 2007

Re: uniforms 2007

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    What's different?
    Lots. Styling of letters, use of the mid 50-60's Mr. Red.

Should be interesting.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    What's different?

The font has changed as well as some minor changes in one of the logos and it looks like they went with an old style running man.....Was this the running man used in the 60's?

OH MY GOD THAT LETTERING...does anyone know if there's some way I can make that my desktop? Even though I'm not currently speaking to the Reds.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Love the lettering also, and lets hope that the undersleeves and socks are actually the same color (RED)!!
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    OH MY GOD THAT LETTERING...does anyone know if there's some way I can make that my desktop? Even though I'm not currently speaking to the Reds.
    Its the same lettering in the 1930's - or very similar....

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Its the same lettering in the 1930's - or very similar....

I can't really think of any block lettering that currently looks like that. There are some old-school scripts on some teams' away uniforms -- Cardinals, White Sox -- but in terms of block lettering, I think this is new. This is exactly what I wanted them to do -- something different, with maybe a nod to tradition but bringing in something fresh, because all the rest of the stuff (including, though I hadn't really thought about it before, block lettering) is starting to look outdated in baseball. Those letters look old but new at the same time.

I'm going to guess now that the uniforms themselves won't change all that much, but we'll see...I don't know how all this would look on their current vests especially. But I'm very happy with these changes. I wonder who really made the push for old-school Mr. Red. I don't know what they were thinking with that new guy -- he was full-out lame and decidedly unscary. He looked like, well, a guy with a baseball for a head. Whereas Running Scary Mr. Red looks like a guy who will KILL you for implying that he has a baseball for a head.

"By the way, I looked on the Creamer site and couldn't find any of this. What section is it in?"

I just registered for the message board and a man posted it on a thread on there.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Primary colors are out.

Black and red looks pretty dull to me. Honestly some of the stuff is so red, it looks pinkish. Very cheap looking. I like what the NBA teams have done, going away from primary colors.

If they are going to really change things I don't mind the blue trim. Just do away with the black. If no blue, I agree with others, just go with those basic red and white home uni's and red and gray away's.

How about scarlet and gray?
    Last edited by BuckeyeRedleg; 09-21-2006 at 09:57 PM.

sorry, figure I'd ought to post my source, because hey, I'm not making this up:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index....ic=41566&st=60

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    If that is it, I'm extremely dissapointed. If this isn't the real thing, I wouldn't want to be the person that put this together, using MLB trademarks. Surprised that Creamer can get his hands on this before the Reds put out anything.

By the way, I looked on the Creamer site and couldn't find any of this. What section is it in?
    Randy (and this is all assuming this is true) - the Red hat is the only hat - it says "Home/Road" under it - the Black hat it just says Alternate.

I think the pinstripes and black bill/red bill are gone.

C

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k View Post
    I just registered for the message board and a man posted it on a thread on there.
    I just did the same thing There are some funnny people on that board.

Boy those new D-backs logos are oooogly. They look like they drew their primary inspiration from graphic novels.

I like the third Reds logo up there...it does look kind of light, but it's the same color that the old 70s/80s logos (the ones sans black) usually look on computer screens. And I think Heath may be right about the loss of pinstripes/black bills. I cannot possibly express how happy all of this has made me. This is not perfect, but I've been so geared to low expectations with this team in every aspect that they've blown me out of the water. The Reds and I are speaking again. That's nice.

Good stuff, change rocks
    Go Gators!

I'm EXTREMELY disappointed that the black remains at all. I was really hoping for just red and white. But, if they do away with the vests and wear regular jerseys, go with solid red caps both home and road, and wear red undershirts both home and road, it will be a significant improvement.

EDIT: It appears that the vests are gone! If you look at the sleeve logos, it says underneath them "Jersey Sleeve Logos". Notice that the logo for the home jersey is on a white background, the one for the road jersey is on a gray background, and the one for the alternate is on a red background.

Also, it does appear that the black caps will only be worn as alternates. My question is: will the caps be solid red or have black bills, or perhaps solid red at home and black bills on road?
    Last edited by macro; 09-22-2006 at 12:02 AM.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

THe Dbacks color almost looks too close to the Burnt Orange of the Astros. I think I'm lukewarm about it

But I really dig the new Reds lettering. I'll be picking up a new jersey if that's really the case.

I attached the Dbacks new setup if anyone doesn't want to go register and take a peek.

If, in fact, this is the design for the new uniforms, it is not all that bad, with one exception. I hate the black. Very dissapointing. (The page looks pretty official, and if it isn't, the person who put it together could get in some big trouble from a copyright standpoint) I thought the Reds were finally going to "get it" and jump off the trendy black bandwagon that most everybody has jumped on. From the looks of this, it looks as if they will keep the black jackets according to the"jacket designation." Ughh.

Can't believe, after all the talk, that they are going to keep black in the uniforms. One more thing about the Reds for me to be dissapointed about.

Turn Off Ads?