Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: uniforms 2007

Re: uniforms 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red
    If the socks are red, and to be shown (and I love how Clayton wears them) then the sleeves need to be red, too.

It looks dumb to have the undersleeves and socks different colors. My wife would send me back upstairs to find a "different shirt to wear with those pants"

I really like the uni's the way there are right now, except for the black undersleeves on the away uni, and the black hat with the red bill. Change 'em both to red, and I'm good.
    This is a genius post. I have gone into far too much detail in the past as to why, aesthetically speaking, you cannot have different colored socks and sleeves. But suffice it to say it does not look good.

There is probably not a bigger fan of high socks on this planet than me, but I still feel that this team, as it is built at present, is not high-sock friendly. We have a lot of bigger, bulkier guys on this team and with the way present-day uniforms fit I don't think the socks would work. On the other hand, Clayton is almost TOO skinny for the socks -- they would look better if his uniform fit him a little better.

But pitchers almost always look good in high socks (Arroyo would look fantastic, with his height and coloring and leg kick), and someone here once brought up the point that someone like Dunn would benefit from wearing his socks high because it would correctly define his strike zone for the umps. But under no circumstances should they be worn with the uniforms with the black sleeves. No way. I might have to stop watching them.

I also agree with the all-red caps (I loathe the black brim), and I like all the uniforms that Heath posted, along with scary mr. Redleg. The current Mr. Red is kind of wimpy.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red
    If the socks are red, and to be shown (and I love how Clayton wears them) then the sleeves need to be red, too.

It looks dumb to have the undersleeves and socks different colors. My wife would send me back upstairs to find a "different shirt to wear with those pants"

I really like the uni's the way there are right now, except for the black undersleeves on the away uni, and the black hat with the red bill. Change 'em both to red, and I'm good.
    Sounds to me like you need to man up in your household before we continue about the uniform discussion.

I don't like the black bill on the Reds home caps, either, vaticanplum. My favorite Reds cap is the solid red with the white wishbone "C". I hope they go back to that cap. Another Reds cap that I am particularly fond of is the road cap worn from 1961-1966. The grey flannel with the red bill looks really sharp.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

We are the Reds, not the blues.... IMO its kinda dumb to wear blue and red

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Sounds to me like you need to man up in your household before we continue about the uniform discussion.
    LOL- it did occur to me immediately after I wrote that, that maybe I have been talking way too much about men's clothing lately...

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig
    We are the Reds, not the blues.... IMO its kinda dumb to wear blue and red
    Uh...the red sox wear blue. You can say al you want about how the Reds Sox suck and all but they have nice uni's

Keep the black. Everyone knows that black and red go together great. Red and blue does not.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    There is probably not a bigger fan of high socks on this planet than me...

I am with you all the way, VP. If you are president of the club then I'll be the treasurer or sergeant-at-arms or whatever. I really really dislike the pajama pants look that is so popular today....really. I think it looks silly. Our team is ultimately named after the color of the stockings...show them!

The black does not really bother me as an accent color, nor would blue. I would like to see the black undershirts go along with the black on the caps.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    I cant say enough how much I hate the plain white and red uniforms.
    I cant say enough how much I love the plain white and red uniforms.

It works for the Dodgers and Cardinals, and it would work for the Reds. It did work for the Reds. When I say "it works for the Dodgers and Cardinals...", I'm referring to the absence of stripes on the sleeves or pants, the absence of piping on the jersey, and the absence of pinstripes. Just a white (or gray) jersey and pants with numbers, names, logos, and an arm patch.

I wish the Yankees would follow this example with their road jerseys. The arm band around the sleeves ruins that jersey, and it's out of place. Same for the Phillies road jerseys. The Reds switched to this arm band in 1988, and I never did like it.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

This may be somewhere else on this thread, but we saw two people last night wearing royal blue hats with the Reds C on it. They looked very similar to Cubs hats but were not Cubs hats (foreclosing this response). We asked them about the hats and they said that they were the new uniform hats and they had purchased them at the Reds shop during the game. Take it for what it's worth.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Ha Ha just as I suspected. New ownership has decided to form a super team by combining the Cubs with the Reds. We give them Clayton, Castro, and Milton and the pass us Lee, Prior, Wood (only on a newly resigned contract dramatically reducing his salary and with other minor stipulationbs of how the first time he's goes on the dl with us he will be given to the people for a public execution) and, Zambrano
    Last edited by thatcoolguy_22; 08-22-2006 at 02:26 PM.
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

Despite the prevailing opinion, I want the 1940s-style red & blue! Blue caps with a red C.

I also want the return of the mustachioed Mr. Red.

To date, however, Bob Castellini has not solicited my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp
    This may be somewhere else on this thread, but we saw two people last night wearing royal blue hats with the Reds C on it. They looked very similar to Cubs hats but were not Cubs hats (foreclosing this response). We asked them about the hats and they said that they were the new uniform hats and they had purchased them at the Reds shop during the game. Take it for what it's worth.
    They could have been retro Cubs hats. The Cubs had a wishbone C on their hats for quite a few years.

Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly
    Keep the black. Everyone knows that black and red go together great. Red and blue does not.

The American Flag says Hi
    "There's going to be a guy bigger than you, faster than you. Just don't let anyone outwork you."

-Ken Griffey Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    They could have been retro Cubs hats. The Cubs had a wishbone C on their hats for quite a few years.

Krono has a 1950's style Reds hat that's blue. Here is the 1950 Reds Uniforms.

speaking of Krono - has he went AWOL or MIA or something? Or did his keyboard finally give out?
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?