Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's going tonight?

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Who's going tonight?

I am going tonight (Mon). I'm off all week and do not want to miss the Astros series. Anyone else going? I am sitting in the 127 section near the top. (Supposedly) I don't know until I get to the window but the visitors seats are mostly left in that area.
    Last edited by Team Clark; 08-21-2006 at 04:30 PM.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who's going tonight?

I'm leaving at 5. Section 141.
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 08-21-2006 at 04:37 PM.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I'm going with a few friends. I'll be around section 143.

Tonight, no.

Wednesday, yes.

Old Red Guard Reject

I'll go Wednesday if Homer starts
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Section 133 tonight

seriously. i hate you all.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

So.... I take my wife and daughter to the game. PERFECT weather. Seriously, could it have been any better? Pettite looked really strong. Talk about changing speeds and hitter's eye level. He did get into some jams but seemed unfazed as he came out of them like he was just teasing the Reds.

Arroyo had a decent outing. He only pitches effectively if he works quickly. He bounced back after the dingers and kept the ball down. Good job by the Astros reading their scouting report. They had Arroyo down to the pitch. Did not seem to matter much though when Arroyo quit flipping curve after curve in. Just keep the Reds in the game Bronson.

We had to leve early as my daughter is starting school. I told my wife as we were leaving that "I am committing a sin by leaving you know..." She didn't care. As soon as we got home the big inning started. If I go to the game tomorrow or Wed and the Reds are behind. I will leave in order to give them a shot!

Anyone going tomorrow? Not sure if I can call and get seats but I'd like to go.

How about CB Bucknor tonight??? Wow. I know I saw at least 15-20 strikes called a ball and vice versa this eve. No surprise. Quest Tec anyone?
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Great game last night. Pettite was very good but wow he threw a lot of pitches. Once he was out, I knew we had a shot. Arroyo looked great. Shame we needed to pinch hit for him. He could have gone another couple of innings without much problem.

My wife and 3 kids (ages 5, 3 and 3) took me to the game last night for my birthday (on Thursday). It was the first time any of the kids had ever been to a game. They had a great time and that ending was awesome. They all really enjoyed it, even if they didn't understand it.

We had $5 seats to start, but with the sparse crowd, we ended up moving down behind the third base line, about 20 rows up. Perfect timing too because we got down to those seats with our ice cream in hand just as the bottom of the eighth started, so we saw the entire rally.

Kids made it all the way through the game and talked about the game the entire ride home. What a memory. Probably my best birthday present ever.

Excellent story, buckeyenut. That's what it's all about.

First night out for me & the wife since the new baby was born.

She's an Astros fan so she enjoyed the first seven innings. (The blond cheering the Astros homers in 524? That was her.)

Moved down to Sec. 108 for the last two innings. I enjoyed those much more than she did.

Looking forward to going to Friday's game, too.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    Great game last night. Pettite was very good but wow he threw a lot of pitches. Once he was out, I knew we had a shot. Arroyo looked great.
    I honestly think Pettite is losing it. He loaded the bases twice for the Reds... unfortunately, they couldn't get the job done.

I thought Arroyo pitched well too. Sure wish he could have hit a ball to the outfield when the bases were loaded with only one out. He swings a pretty good bat even if he doesn't have a ton of hits, just couldn't do it last night.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

i'll be listening to marty and that one guy who's getting the axe.

On the brink of disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Anyone going tomorrow?
    I'm going tonight, I had an extra ticket but just got rid of it. I'm sitting in 419 row P. One thing is for sure, this team is fun to watch this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    seriously. i hate you all.

I can agree with that statement.

Amarillo, representin'.

Turn Off Ads?