Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Give that man a game ball

Give that man a game ball

Kyle Lohse, this Bud's for you.

In 4 starts, Lohse gets his first win and lowers his ERA in that span to 1.37.

25 K's in 26 1/3 innings
    0.96 WHIP

This boy is really dealing. Hope he can keep it up down the stretch. His stuff is the best on the staff IMO, and I felt that way while in Minnesota. Even when there was some unrest after Krivsky dealing for him, I felt like he just needed a change of scenery because of his wicked breaking ball.

Obviously he could still fall apart, but there's no question he has some talent. Right now, he's been a Godsend.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Give that man a game ball

Give Krivsky a bud too....I don't know how he's done it, but he seems to have done it all year long.

Hell, give everyone a bud! They all need one.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I dunno if it's just me, but Lohse looked tonight in the early innings before the lead was huge that he had a swagger about himself and that was really good to see. Once he got the 4 run lead and then got out of a little jam he just had the look like he was going to be lights out, which he was.

Quote Originally Posted by dburke1337
    I dunno if it's just me, but Lohse looked tonight in the early innings before the lead was huge that he had a swagger about himself and that was really good to see. Once he got the 4 run lead and then got out of a little jam he just had the look like he was going to be lights out, which he was.
    I felt that way too. I thought he was going to cruise through 5 or so. I think getting Berkman to fly out on 1 pitch in the 1st was a big boost even though it seems so little. That was big.

Can he be stopped?

I just hope Loshe didn't use up all of his run support on one game. He couldn't get any, and now he gets one of these games. Nice change of pace from his last three starts, I'd have ot say (offensively that is, not in how he pitched)

Lohse has been exactly what we needed. Let's hope he can maintain pitching at least an average level through the end of the year.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

The enigma that is former Twins on the Reds roster.

At least we don't have Christian Guzman as our everyday SS. That's gotta be a good thing, right?

I take back everything negative I said about Lohse. Great job.

Lohse is a turd. I'm sure of it becasue I read it on this board.

Seriously, props to Lohse and to WK for bringing him in.

Lets sweep!

Turn Off Ads?