Turn Off Ads?

Thread: HELP! Name that bank for me, please!!!!

HELP! Name that bank for me, please!!!!

Someone please ease my troubled mind. I am a life long Reds fan. I kind of got away from baseball for a few years (got married, had a couple kids) but have been back into the Reds for the past few years. I made my first trip to GABP in July and while it is a beautiful ball park, I still miss Riverfront Stadium (I was never in Cinergy Park). I happened to notice when I was looking around and taking pictures that the bank that is dominant in the Cincinnati skyline is now PNC. Can someone, ANYONE, please tell me what bank that was before it was PNC???? I have seen it a gazillion times in my life during games, but I can't think of what it was before......

I would greatly appreciate it!
    Julz

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: HELP! Name that bank for me, please!!!!

Central Trust?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Central Trust
    You are correct, sir!
    If you're watchin' a parade, make sure you stand in one spot, don't follow it, it never changes. And if the parade is boring, run in the opposite direction, you will fast-foward the parade. --Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    You are correct, sir!
    Yes, the bank that owned the Reds during the depression, the building that NL President Warren Giles had his office in.... we use to play on their elevators.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Central Trust?
    MWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! You are my hero!! It's driven me crazy! I knew when I found out the answer, I would think to myself "Of COURSE". I can't believe I couldn't remember!

Thank you!!!
    Julz

That's probably the most excited anyone's ever gotten after a woy answer to a trivia question.

It's archivable.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

and a pretty impressive smooch too!

Turn Off Ads?