Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Wild Card Outlook

Wild Card Outlook

first off, i think we can still win the division, but the wild card I believe will come down to

St.Louis/Cincinnati
    Philadelphia
    Arizona

I don't think SD, will continue to hang around, Philly is only 3 gb after winning again tonight and evening their record at 62-62 (doesn't hurt that they just acquired Jamie Moyer from Seattle) The 2-1 series win by us in Philly last week, may have been VERY huge for us, it would be a game lead if we didn't win the series!

THe win tonight may have been the dagger in the proverbial heart of the 'Stros, they needed to sweep us this series, to be considered legit wild card contenders

What does everyone else think?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Re: Wild Card Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by butlerbulldogs
    first off, i think we can still win the division, but the wild card I believe will come down to

St.Louis/Cincinnati
    Philadelphia
    Arizona

I don't think SD, will continue to hang around, Philly is only 3 gb after winning again tonight and evening their record at 62-62 (doesn't hurt that they just acquired Jamie Moyer from Seattle) The 2-1 series win by us in Philly last week, may have been VERY huge for us, it would be a game lead if we didn't win the series!

THe win tonight may have been the dagger in the proverbial heart of the 'Stros, they needed to sweep us this series, to be considered legit wild card contenders

What does everyone else think?
    I agree that the wild card is our best bet. The Cards are 9 games over .500 right now. If they go just 3 games over .500 the next 36 they will be hard to catch, unless we sweep a couple of teams and aviod the same.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

I just can't see the Phillies sticking around. It's just a little hot stretch for them, that's all. Arizona concerns me more than anyone, but in the end I think the D-Backs will fall a couple of games short.

Yay!

One thing to keep an eye on re: the D-Backs.

Brandon Webb (RHP, ARI)
    In his last four starts, Webb has allowed 15 earned runs in 24 innings for a 5.62 ERA. While his 2006 season hasn't turned into a disaster, he isn't looking like one of the best starters in the majors right now. The turning point appears to have been late July or early August, when Webb complained of some pain in his pitching elbow.

The test on the elbow didn't reveal any structural damage, but he was skipped over for one start to rest the elbow. Scouting reports don't indicate that he's lost any velocity on his pitches, but they do point to some problems with his command. In his latest start (8 H, 5 ER, and 5 BB), Webb indicated that he didn't feel right the entire start, though he was able to battle for six innings. It sounds like he's not 100%, but it's not enough of a problem to skip another start and rest his elbow. Webb owners should be prepared for more struggles down the stretch, although some sort of a meltdown is unlikely.
    http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/ar...jury-report18/
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?