Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Confessions of a Reds Fan

Confessions of a Reds Fan

Tonights game along with a quick glance through the ORG game thread provides a synopsis for the season as a whole and what its done to us as fans. I consider myself to be an average fan, not to negative or positive, just hoping for the best. The Reds this year have gone through periods where I couldn't take it anymore and I told myself I'd stop following them for a week... only to return the next night. Then tonight's game they couldn't score twice with the bases loaded and I thought it was over and this team would continue to hang around .500... but they continued to frustrate all my logic. As Reds fans its been so long since we've had something to cheer for that my logic is skewed. I keep expecting them to collapse under one of their many flaws yet they continue to defy me and persevere. The game thread tonight was a clear example of the state of the Reds fan base. You have fans that tend to be more postive or negative but all are invested in the Reds this year and we can't stand to see them fail (also if someone always upsets you do what I do and put them on ignore and you'll enjoy yourself more). Today I realized why baseball is so much more frustrating to me than football. The decline in football occurs suddenly and a couple of bad games can ruin a season. The decline in baseball is so much more drawn out and frustrating that it just kills us fans to watch it and we either prepare for the worst or hope for the best.

In summary, this team is doing crazy things to us fans. I don't know how to judge them but despite any logic of mine they seem destined to make the playoffs. Redszone has never experienced a playoff team before and I'm excited to see the impact that has on our little community. It been a crazy run and the bext is yet to come!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Confessions of a Reds Fan

Yes, the bext is yet to come.

They are pleasantly perplexing.
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed
    They are pleasantly perplexing.
    Good quote. That is certainly this team in a nutshell.

Oh man, I thought this was gonna be a dirty thread

Just kidding.

Seriously though, I think that was a pretty good summation of how everyone follows the club this season.

Turn Off Ads?