Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Was this posted? Jose Rijo in trouble for stealing electricity

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Was this posted? Jose Rijo in trouble for stealing electricity

I'm not making this up

http://www.dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=15466

I was alerted to this story by baseball musings. Even though it's a month old.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Was this posted? Jose Rijo in trouble for stealing electricity

Great find, wow didn't see that one coming. If this was posted before I didn't see it because I would remember somthing like that.

It just shows, the richer you are, the cheaper you are.

Although John Allen is probably calling Rijo to see if they can somehow rig the GAB lights that way That way Allen can light up the stadium next time they show it on TV during football season.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

looks like the snake, err sneakiness, of bowden is rubbing off on him

Yay!

The guy learned from the best... Marge...
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Stealing electricity is commonplace in Latin America, especially among the poor, who will "hook themselves up" to the nearest light pole, many times as the only means of getting electricity in their shacks.

The Dominicans seem to be taking it to a whole new level, with even an ice cream factory having a parallel connection according to the article.

That said, electricty shortages and rising fuel costs are a major concern in the DR, and have been for a while. Reform efforts have been made at very high political costs...and then scrapped, time and time again.

Good to see they may be getting serious about it and bring down some high profile offenders.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

if i had their kind of money there is no way in hell i would even live down there.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan
    if i had their kind of money there is no way in hell i would even live down there.
    I keep saying that about Butler County. Home is home.

Let he who is without sin...

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Let he who is without sin...

Word.

In my college apartment we had 14 splits off our cable input for 5 different units. Frickin theives we were.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    I keep saying that about Butler County. Home is home.

home is home but everytime i go back to middletown i keep shaking my head on how its changed for the worse. GOD forbid if AK ever left town.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Very interesting. What exactly does this quote mean though. Seperate Connections????
    "In Rijo’s case, he was slapped a $67,766 peso fine, the official said, adding that the irregularities consisted in that major appliances and heaters had separate connections, which kept the electric meter from measure the real consumption. "
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    Very interesting. What exactly does this quote mean though. Seperate Connections????
    "In Rijo’s case, he was slapped a $67,766 peso fine, the official said, adding that the irregularities consisted in that major appliances and heaters had separate connections, which kept the electric meter from measure the real consumption. "
    He probably had two lines running into the house, and one was bypassing the meter.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Turn Off Ads?