Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My reaction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My reaction

Just for the record, I work at a pizza place in my hometown. I work about five days a week, sometimes a day or two less, but many of the Reds dramatic wins this year have occured with me at work. Tonight I was making a pizza, and casually looked up at the tv in the kitchen just in time to see Aurilia's game tying bomb. With customers in the dining room, I ran around the kitchen in circles two times yelling "YES!!!" then proceeded to hug my co-worker who was coming around the corner. She almost decked me for scaring the crap out of her, but it was priceless . Hopefully they can keep making me look like a fool at work. And luckily I work with nothing but sports fans, so they understand and accept my excitement.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: My reaction

I did the same thing in my living room, dancing around and high-fiving with my daughters, who could not stop laughing at me.

This kind of down to the wire, pennant-driving baseball, brings out the boy in me.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red
    I did the same thing in my living room, dancing around and high-fiving with my daughters, who could not stop laughing at me.

This kind of down to the wire, pennant-driving baseball, brings out the boy in me.
    I did a little dance in my kitchen, skipped my way into dining where my 18 year old son was on the computer and he didn't even deride me for looking like a fool. You know, seeing a 51 year old white guy dance like that is not a pretty sight. Went to the steps and called up to my oldest daughter who is living at our house for a few days waiting to move into her new apartment telling her Aurilia had just tied it up.

A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

Last night I had a dream about going to the 1975 World Series. Could this mean something???

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy
    Just for the record, I work at a pizza place in my hometown. I work about five days a week, sometimes a day or two less, but many of the Reds dramatic wins this year have occured with me at work. Tonight I was making a pizza, and casually looked up at the tv in the kitchen just in time to see Aurilia's game tying bomb. With customers in the dining room, I ran around the kitchen in circles two times yelling "YES!!!" then proceeded to hug my co-worker who was coming around the corner. She almost decked me for scaring the crap out of her, but it was priceless . Hopefully they can keep making me look like a fool at work. And luckily I work with nothing but sports fans, so they understand and accept my excitement.
    Oh man, does that bring back memories!

I worked for a little hole in the wall Pizza place when I was in High School, and the whole family were rabid Reds fans.

1990 had to have been one of the most insane, fun summers ever. Marty and Joe blaring in the kitchen every night, doughball fights after victories....

Wow. Just enjoy yourself, 'cause fun stuff like that becomes less frequent as you get older.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Oh man, does that bring back memories!

I worked for a little hole in the wall Pizza place when I was in High School, and the whole family were rabid Reds fans.

1990 had to have been one of the most insane, fun summers ever. Marty and Joe blaring in the kitchen every night, doughball fights after victories....

Wow. Just enjoy yourself, 'cause fun stuff like that becomes less frequent as you get older.
    In 1976 I was working for an east coast trucking company. I had a bet with the dispatcher in Baltimore (a New Yorker) that the Reds would beat the Yankees in the Series. If I won, he had to send me a case of Carling Black Label and if I lost, I had to send him a case of Hudepohl. He just stuck it on the truck coming in from Baltimore and we drank it down at the Carter Mondale headquarters while making calls for that year's election. It was sweet.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I turned the channel in disgust after the 6th or 7th and watched little league world series and some NFL only to see the bottom line score update say the Reds won and i said to my self "SON UVA B&%^$"

I hate when I miss out on the excitement because the team shoots blanks for 6+ innins.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    I hate when I miss out on the excitement because the team shoots blanks for 6+ innins.
    Always believe and it ain't over until its over.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

During the World Cup USA vs Italy game I took off my shirt and ran around the irish pub where we were watching the game after we scored our only goal to tie the game 5 minutes after Italy took the lead... Last night I just told my buddy, "told ya."

Turn Off Ads?