Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GABP seat question - need help deciding

GABP seat question - need help deciding

Looks like I might be able to make the trip over Sept. 22 and 23 for the games vs. the Cubs.

The only other time at the park I sat in Sec. 113 row H (good seats).
    I don't want to spend too much on tickets since this will be a budget trip. What section do you recommend? I was thinking of 424, any opinions? I want to stay around the infield or behind home plate, not really interested in outfield seats.

Is purchasing tickets through the Reds website the best way to go? That's what we did before and were able to get the Sec. 113 seats.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: GABP seat question - need help deciding

I have season tickets in 141 (sun/moon deck), so I'm partial to that area. Those sections always sell well and can be had for a decent price. There also tends to be alot of "atmosphere" out that way.

The section you mentioned (113) is pretty good. The only sections in the lower level that I don't like are 101-109 and 137-139.

I like the view level boxes that you mentioned (424) as well. Avoid row A in those sections, as you can have the plexi glass safety barriers blocking your view.

I also don't mind the 3B/LF mezzanine sections so long as you're fairly low (below row H, let's say).

The only seats that I would absolutely turn down are those outfield seats in LF (101-109) as you can not see the scoreboard and the view is ehhh at best.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I think the seats with the best view and the best value are those in the 520's range. It's fairly high up but they are right behind home plate. For only $12 you have a great look at the whole field, the scoreboard, the river, and surrounding area.

I've sat in about every different type of seat in the stadium and my two favorites are the sun/moon deck and the diamond seats.

Section 108 is terrible, found that out last week. How much is a lot? I'd look to buy the $30 seats in the lower level, personally. But the View level infield box seats are good too & cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    I like the view level boxes that you mentioned (424) as well. Avoid row A in those sections, as you can have the plexi glass safety barriers blocking your view.
    Avoiding Row A has dual benefits during summer months, as I found out during Lohse's first Reds' start against the Braves. We sat in Row A of 435. Not the best obviously, but you get a real nice view of the field for the most part. Only when you are in Row A, not only does the plexiglass block a clear view of home plate, it blocks all breezes. We moved up to Row C midgame and the temp felt about 10 degrees or more cooler with the breeze!

I have a season pack in 404. $8 seats and It is a good view. I like them alot better the view level behind home plate.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I have a 20 game pack in section 526, and absolutely love it.

Great value; great view. I can see everything- scoreboard, bullpens, and a great river view to boot.

I've moved down to the view level boxes below, on occasion, and I like those even better, with the caveats listed above.
    sorry we're boring

Just a reminder that if you come on M-Th you can get the 4 for $48 deal. 4 view level seats, 4 dogs and 4 Cokes.
    Brian

Editor StorageReview.com - SSD & HDD Reviews

Other when Milton is pitching, what seats are good to get a game ball, foul or homerun?

That 400 level on the 3rd base side is pretty good. I like those a lot. My favs are:

Sun Deck (lower portion)
    100's around the dugouts
    Club seating
    400 on the 3rd base side
    View level (upper deck)
    Those are all good -----------
    The ones I don't like are:
    Bleachers (part of CF is blocked in many seats)
    LF lowers (a lot of LF is blocked below you unless you have front row)

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    Other when Milton is pitching, what seats are good to get a game ball, foul or homerun?
    LF bleachers or just sit on the grass in Center...a lot have been up there.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    The Sun/Moon Deck is prime time. Sections 114-110 get quite a few as well as 133-136. Seems like quite a few fouls make it into the club seats, but I bet I could count on one hand the number of balls I've seen make it to the view level, unlike the old "red seats" at Riverfront.

When Milton is pitching, seats in US Bank Arena are pretty good as well as those on the Serpentine Wall and at the Boathouse.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

The infield view level seats are the best bang for the buck. If you're lucky, you'll be almost right behind homeplate and they're under $20 a piece.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I am always a fan of the Sun/moondeck seats. 140-144 is always my favorite place to sit. 19 bucks a seat.

Turn Off Ads?