Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Phils get dealt a blow...

The Phils get dealt a blow...

Reports in the Philadelphia Daily News indicate that Phillies' outfielder Aaron Rowand suffered a broken ankle on Monday and will miss around five weeks.

Rowand injured the ankle when he collided with Chase Utley while going after a fly ball. Shane Victorino is expected to take over in centerfield with Pat Burrell in left and David Delliucci in right. Aug. 22 - 10:32 am et
    Source: Philadelphia Daily News
    And then...

Phillies placed RHP Tom Gordon on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to Aug. 13, with a right shoulder strain.

Monday's throwing session must not have went very well. Gordon will be eligible to return next Monday, but it's possible that he won't be activated until rosters expand. Arthur Rhodes, who earned a save despite allowing two runs tonight, figures to keep getting most of the opportunities to close. Gordon wasn't immediately replaced on the roster. Aug. 22 - 12:13 am et
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Phils get dealt a blow...

That was some crash they had out there. My neighbor called me and made me come downstairs to watch it on television (because they replayed it sixty eleven times)...I knew even before seeing it that it had to be Rowand. poor dude.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Re: The Phils get dealt a blow...

Yes it was terrible.I've noticed a trend this year of players going out of their position to catch a fly ball.Don't these guys call it anymore?

Turn Off Ads?