Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madden 2007

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Madden 2007

Just bought it today. First Madden game i've bought since 2004, so im still adjusting to all the changes.

Seems like the gameplay is much better. I bought NCAA Football 2006 last year and it is similar in a lot of respects. I can't really tell much of a difference in the running game features though. The new(to me) kicking features are hard to figure out.

I think ill try out the franchise mode tonight.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    University of Cincinnati

Re: Madden 2007

Bought it earlier on lunch break, its gotten awesome reviews especially the new take control of the lead blocker feature so hopefully its pretty good.

I also noticed AJ Hawk is rated an 85 not sure any rookie unless its of Lebron James type hype should ever be rated higher than an 80.....

Not sure how Warrick Dunn is rated above Rudi Johnson and even in the top 10 running backs by overall rating along with Brian Westbrook.
    THE University of Cincinnati

Redlegman

I haven't bought a Madden game for 3 years now but I'm going to get this one. I like the ESPN football game but it doesn't exist anymore.

I picked up the 360 version on my way home for $47 at Circuit City! I love it so far. It's the best Madden I've ever played in so many ways, most notably gameplay. Not to mention the Bengals are actually good on this year's version.

Quote Originally Posted by beb30
    Bought it earlier on lunch break, its gotten awesome reviews especially the new take control of the lead blocker feature so hopefully its pretty good.

I also noticed AJ Hawk is rated an 85 not sure any rookie unless its of Lebron James type hype should ever be rated higher than an 80.....

Not sure how Warrick Dunn is rated above Rudi Johnson and even in the top 10 running backs by overall rating along with Brian Westbrook.
    The initial rosters are always lousy. Wait for the first regular season release, it will be much improved.

Just picked this up tonight on my way home (Wal*Mart). Gotta love that price match: Thanks to Circuit City's ad, I got the PC version for $27. Can't wait to try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    Just picked this up tonight on my way home (Wal*Mart). Gotta love that price match: Thanks to Circuit City's ad, I got the PC version for $27. Can't wait to try it out!

*slowly backs away from keyboard*

I Still Miss Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegman
    I haven't bought a Madden game for 3 years now but I'm going to get this one. I like the ESPN football game but it doesn't exist anymore.
    It still bites that EA and the NFL conspired to monopolize the pro football video gaming industry. Only could have imagined what if NFL 2K7 had come out this week. Guess I'll have to update the rosters on 2K5 instead.
    "And this one belongs to the Reds."

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerSoonerRed
    It still bites that EA and the NFL conspired to monopolize the pro football video gaming industry. Only could have imagined what if NFL 2K7 had come out this week. Guess I'll have to update the rosters on 2K5 instead.
    I haven't bought an EA game since they did that. I'm sure that they miss my money, lol. I liked the 2k games much better. Hopefully EA doesn't take over the other sports too.

I Still Miss Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by dburke1337
    I haven't bought an EA game since they did that. I'm sure that they miss my money, lol. I liked the 2k games much better. Hopefully EA doesn't take over the other sports too.
    Pretty much the only EA game I buy is NCAA football. Since I'm a bigger college football fan than NFL fan, I need to get my college football gaming fix somehow, even if it is with the EA Evil Empire.
    "And this one belongs to the Reds."

ive owned every madden video game since its creation..

i like how they've slowed down the game play a bit this season.. players arent running 100 yards in 5 seconds anymore lol

but my limited time with it shows.

also i simulated the season for cincybengals.com "madden preview" and the SAINTS lost 16-14 to the bengals in the superbowl

i might be mistaken but i dont think bush is gonna have THAT kind of impact
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dburke1337
    By the same token, did you buy MLB 06 The Show? Take Two did the same thing with baseball.

While I don't necessarily care for what EA did with Madden, they paid the price by losing one of the up and coming baseball games on the market. MVP Baseball would likely have been on par with Madden had they stayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Does it have a decent "coach only" mode, or is it strictly for joystick jockeys?
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    By the same token, did you buy MLB 06 The Show? Take Two did the same thing with baseball.

While I don't necessarily care for what EA did with Madden, they paid the price by losing one of the up and coming baseball games on the market. MVP Baseball would likely have been on par with Madden had they stayed.
    Haven't gotten either. I'll probably end up picking up a copy of one or the other sooner or later, but right now I hate that they cornered the markets like that. I can't blame them though, as it's smart business, but they aren't the games that I liked, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz
    Does it have a decent "coach only" mode, or is it strictly for joystick jockeys?

Yes it does

Turn Off Ads?