Turn Off Ads?

Thread: San Francisco information

San Francisco information

I'm driving into SF on Saturday and attending the Sat and Sun afternoon ballgames.

I'll be coming in from Sacramento on 80 west and am staying in a small hotel in the Financial District.

Should I park my car at an outlying BART station? If so, which station is the most convenient? Is it worth paying the extra $20-25 a day to park in the city (I'll probably be on foot/mass transit for the weekend)?

Any bars or restaurants that are can't misses (the 21st Amendment is already on the list)?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: San Francisco information

The closest BART station will probably be the Embarcadero station and if I remember correctly there is no praking station there. Your best bet would be to park at a garage and to be honest if you don't need a car to get out of the city for anything it would be ideal not to have a car. The city mass transist cababilities are quite adequate to get around in San Francisco and the city is small enough, land wise, to get around on foot if need be.

I will be at the game on Sunday, taking the wife to her first game ATT park. We plan to make a whole day of it, get to the city early eat some dim sum for breakfast then poke around the city for a while. Just before the game starts we will probably stop at Gordon Biersch,http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/profile/876108, for a beer and snack.

Have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421
    I'm driving into SF on Saturday and attending the Sat and Sun afternoon ballgames.

I'll be coming in from Sacramento on 80 west and am staying in a small hotel in the Financial District.

Should I park my car at an outlying BART station? If so, which station is the most convenient? Is it worth paying the extra $20-25 a day to park in the city (I'll probably be on foot/mass transit for the weekend)?

Any bars or restaurants that are can't misses (the 21st Amendment is already on the list)?
    You could grab the Bart in Walnut Creek or Orinda, short and straight into that area. Your car will be dandy in their big lots.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    You could grab the Bart in Walnut Creek or Orinda, short and straight into that area. Your car will be dandy in their big lots.
    Orinda is what my buddy the St Mary's grad recommended as well. Probably the best call.

It's actually only 3 1/2 hours from Reno down to SF, so I should be getting there bright and early Sat.

Orinda is what my buddy the St Mary's grad recommended as well. Probably the call.

It's actually only 3 1/2 hours from Reno down to SF, so I should be getting there bright and early Sat.
    If you want you can go through to the Bay side and take the college avenue exit and head towards Oakland on College, then you can park at the Rockridge Bart, there are tons of great places to eat around there and probably 10 minutes closer.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    That sounds right. I'm going Thursday and Friday with the old man.

No matter what anyone tells you, you can skip the Stinking Rose. Its just an Italian restaurant with a funny name and its not the best one in North Beach. Scoma's on Fisherman's Wharf is the choice of a lot of out-of-towners and there's nothing wrong with that. Good seafood, some of from boats only yards from the restaurant.

Aqua and Farallon are the "it" fine dining places. Both are good and EXPENSIVE.

Also try Zeke's on Third and Brannan is not as yuppified as some of the bars closer to the park.

No matter what anyone tells you, you can skip the Stinking Rose.
    Whatever you do skip the Stinking Rose... it will kill you.. I know.

Chinatown is a can't miss... if in North Beach, North Beach Pizza will wow you.

Turn Off Ads?