Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attendance

Attendance

What final attendance numbers do you think would cause the new ownership to see the season as a success?
    Assumptions - ownership cares about having butts in the seat.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Attendance

I think if they could average 30,000 it would be a start. Hopefully a decent road trip and still leading the wild card or division and they should sell the place out the majority of the way.

If they keep up at averaging 27,500 a game, then they would end up at 2,200,000 fans for the year. Is an increase of 275,000 fans from 2005 enough to get the BC to think his money was well spent?

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370
    I think if they could average 30,000 it would be a start. Hopefully a decent road trip and still leading the wild card or division and they should sell the place out the majority of the way.
    30,000 would be 2,400,000 fans for the year. That would take sell outs the rest of the way to attain.
    I hope BC considers less than that a success.

Another questions: If the reds continue to improve, is it logical to think that in the next 3 years they could get up to averaging 35000 fans a game? What did the 1990 reds average in attendance? How about the BRM teams of 1975 and 1976?

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMilner
    What final attendance numbers do you think would cause the new ownership to see the season as a success?
    Assumptions - ownership cares about having butts in the seat.
    Last year they were 1.9, this year ( a month ago) they were on pace to get 2.1, I bet they'd love 2.3

Another questions: If the reds continue to improve, is it logical to think that in the next 3 years they could get up to averaging 35000 fans a game? What did the 1990 reds average in attendance? How about the BRM teams of 1975 and 1976?
    The Reds all time attendance record is the 1976 Reds, 2,629,708 that's 32,465 a game.

The Reds are the only team in MLB whose top attendance is from the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    The Reds all time attendance record is the 1976 Reds, 2,629,708 that's 32,465 a game.

The Reds are the only team in MLB whose top attendance is from the 70's.
    It always makes me sick when the Reds only sell out games because of bobble heads.

It always makes me sick when the Reds only sell out games because of bobble heads.
    Back in early June (I think), two friends and I got to the ballpark early on a Saturday to buy walkups. We were shocked at how crowded it was outside and how few sections still had seats available....until the ticket clerk told us it was Dunn Statute night.

What sickened me was having my ticket scanned and walking in, only to see dozens of people walk in only long enough to be handed the statue box, before turning around and walking directly out of there. They weren't inside the ballpark fences for more than 15 seconds.

Hopefully Cast is thinking long term with this club. If they go to the playoffs this year (particularly if they have an interesting offseason), they'll get a nice spike in attendence next year.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Did you guys hear Bob C. talk about doing another promotion for the Padre series. He didnt come right out and say excactly what it was but it sounded like another half price/$1 dogs night.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adampad
    Did you guys hear Bob C. talk about doing another promotion for the Padre series. He didnt come right out and say excactly what it was but it sounded like another half price/$1 dogs night.
    I did hear that. Brilliant!

Nice move on the part of management to do everything they can to pack the place. This is a smart idea on two levels: 1. Helps the Reds with more home fans in the park. 2. Team makes more money. Even with big discounts on tix and dogs, they are still coming out way ahead on the $$ Hopefully at some point in Sept they won't even need to do it because all the games will be sold out. Or even better, the last few games aren't packed because we already clinched the Central over the slumping Cards. Hey, I'm getting greedy. Why not. This year has been a blast and we're going to the playoffs. Hopefully.

30,000 would be 2,400,000 fans for the year. That would take sell outs the rest of the way to attain.
    I hope BC considers less than that a success.
    It will be tough to get but I still think with a decent road trip, and providing they are still in the wild card/NL central lead, they will sell weekend games out and get between 30-35,000 through the week. I could be wrong, but with each and every day they seem to be making believers out of more and more people. I just hope they don't fall flat on their face on this upcoming west coast trip.

Folks derided him for doing this when the Cards came in, but my thinking is, even at $6.00 a ticket, it's better to have another 5 to 10 Thousand there each night. They're going to spend another $20 to $50 plus more while there. I would guess that (even with the buck hot dog), that they're seeing added revenue from around $100 Grand to $200 Grand per night. That's not chump change. I could be wrong with those numbers, but they might be conservative too. I'm basically taking about $6.00 a ticket, plus $20 per ticket for refreshments and other items and working from the lowest boost (5000 tickets).

Even at the low end, they make more money. It's like airline tickets. Once the flight's over, there's no way to generate additional revenue. Same thing, once the game is history, so is your chance to make money from it.

It is disappointing that the place isn't packed every night for this team, but this year's success should have a bigger impact on NEXT year's attendance than on this year's attendance figures via season tickets sold during this offseason.

Turn Off Ads?