Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ramirez and Denorfia injured

Ramirez and Denorfia injured

Injury report: Right-handed pitcher Elizardo Ramirez felt soreness in his throwing shoulder during Friday's start for Triple-A Louisville. An MRI taken on Ramirez's arm Monday revealed inflammation but no serious damage.

Ramirez was placed on the seven-day Triple-A DL and won't pick up a baseball for seven to 10 days, head trainer Mark Mann said.

Louisville outfielder Chris Denorfia had fluid drained from a swollen right knee on Sunday and was considered likely to return to action on Tuesday. Denorfia's injury was one reason outfielder Norris Hopper was promoted over him on Sunday when the Reds needed a player.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ramirez and Denorfia injured

I was kind of wondering how Hopper got the call above Denorfia. Hope they both get better. This 'injury' to Ramirez might be good for him. It looks like he could use some time off.

That's too bad about the Lizard. I wonder it that's why he lost his effectiveness recently (hurt arm, playing through it.. we've seen it many times on this team).

Even though the Lizard was at AAA, that's a hit to our thin depth for the rest of the season. I'm starting to think it might've been a mistake to ship Gernamo.. not that he was great, but we're running out of bodies to start games (I like Gernamo better than Michalik ).
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    That's too bad about the Lizard. I wonder it that's why he lost his effectiveness recently (hurt arm, playing through it.. we've seen it many times on this team).

Even though the Lizard was at AAA, that's a hit to our thin depth for the rest of the season. I'm starting to think it might've been a mistake to ship Gernamo.. not that he was great, but we're running out of bodies to start games (I like Gernamo better than Michalik ).
    How long 'till Dumatrait gets a shot? If Michalik stinks it up tomorrow I try Dumatrait. If he's not the answer I go get Homer...yes, Homer. If he's the 5th starter we need to get us to the post season then so be it.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

we're running out of bodies to start games
    Not with Krivsky around
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Not with Krivsky around

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Not with Krivsky around
    I'm not sure.. If the Reds wise up and don't start Michalek anymore, who do they use? Franklin? Gosling?

Someone did great work projecting out the rotation over the rest of the year. I think I counted 8 games that the #5 starter will pitch in. Ideally, we'd want to go maybe 3-5 in those games, as opposed to sending out someone like Michalek who is an automatic loss. Although Lohse has been a godsend, which has taken the pressure off the #5 guy somewhat.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I'm not sure.. If the Reds wise up and don't start Michalek anymore, who do they use? Franklin? Gosling?
    Bailey... or Franklin.

Franklin has looked solid. But I still say it's time to bring Bailey up and let him throw five innings every fifth day. Even if he's throwing a no-no, he only goes five innings. But I have no problem with them being patient with him. Franklin can get the job done as the #5 if need be.
    Last edited by Blitz Dorsey; 08-23-2006 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey
    Bailey... or Franklin.

Franklin has looked solid. But I still say it's time to bring Bailey up and let him throw five innings every fifth day. Even if he's throwing a no-no, he only goes five innings. But I have no problem with them being patient with him. Franklin can get the job done as the #5 if need be.
    Interesting quote in this morning's paper where Krivsky would not rule out a Sept call up for Bailey. I've never heard him leave the door open like that before.

Makes sense. He's thinking if Bailey can throw a few innings which mean the dofference in this team making the playoffs, we consider it...

Yep. And Jerry was oblivious to it all and ran him out there in relief one night and then brought him back to start the next day. Nice job, Jer! (Sarcasm intended, in case you were wondering.)

Rem

Turn Off Ads?