Thread: Jays Manager Bloodied in Fight With Lilly

Jays Manager Bloodied in Fight With Lilly

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2556925

Maybe Hillenbrand wasn't the problem...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Off the schneid

Re: Jays Manager Bloodied in Fight With Lilly

Coincidence? or a pattern?
    maybe the Jays DFA Lilly like they did with Shea - could be a nice addition to our rotation!
    Regardless, with this 2nd incident, it unfortunately appears this is a manager who has lost the respect of his team. Probably time for him to go.

got alil captain in u?

i'd fire gibbons immediately i had a feeling that it wasn't hillenbrand that was the problem now i kno

Gibbons has either lost this team or Gibbons some serious anger issues, or maybe both....that's my thoughts on this, even when the shea hillenbrandt thing happened.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60
    Gibbons has either lost this team or Gibbons some serious anger issues, or maybe both....that's my thoughts on this, even when the shea hillenbrandt thing happened.

He's clearly lost that team. That's a shame. Pretty good team on paper.

Lilly was out of line on the mound. I remember Kevin Brown doing that to Dave Stewart one time with the Padres. I would have given ANYTHING to see that in person.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I want to know what Lilly was complaining about. He'd given up 7 runs. What was his argument? "I'm fine now skip, I'm just getting into my groove."
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I'd take him here in Cincy...

I Still Miss Sean Casey

Knowing Krivsky, I wouldn't put it past him to make an inquiry on Lilly.

Turn Off Ads?