Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Junior back on track?

Hybrid View

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Junior back on track?

Coming in to today, Junior's line for August is: .289/.386/.474

With 2 more hits today, it seems he's getting back to his old self. This would be HUGE for our offense as Griffey/Encaranacion/Dunn, if they're all hitting, will produce a ton. Seriously, if Jr is hitting, this lineup is downright scary:

Freel
    Hatteberg
    Griffey
    Encarnacion
    Dunn
    Aurilia
    Phillips
    Ross

There's not an easy out in the bunch and the top of the lineup sees a ton of pitches. While I wouldn't go so far as to say our season depends on Junior, I think a hot Griffey could carry us to the playoffs.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Re: Junior back on track?

that SLG% is low if he is "back on track". More power needed as the OPS is .860, nothing special.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    that SLG% is low if he is "back on track". More power needed as the OPS is .860, nothing special.
    After what he showed in July...I'll take it.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Griffey seems to be watching a lot more pitches and has actually been walking a fair amount lately. That's shown in his good OBP.

As long as he keeps looking at pitches his power will come, he's just got to stay patient. Griffey's power is always at it's best when he goes deep into counts and waits for his pitch. I'm optimistic about the rest of his season.

Turn Off Ads?