Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite SNL character?

Favorite SNL character?

True, the show hasn't been good of late, but there have been some classics over time.

Me llamo Matt Foley, y yo soy un motivational speaker!
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Yay!

Re: Favorite SNL character?

Hans and Franz... here to pump *clap* you up.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Dieter from Sprokets -- really funny and original, but like most of Mike Myers' characters, he eventually became ridiculously overexposed.

Wil Farrell's unnamed "screaming dad" character was incredibly funny, even though he was only in two or three sketches. "Get off the shed! I'm going to punch you in the face unless you get off the shed!"

I also really enjoyed Jon Lovitz' Tommy Flanagan "Liar" character.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Wil Farrell's unnamed "screaming dad" character was incredibly funny, even though he was only in two or three sketches. "Get off the shed! I'm going to punch you in the face unless you get off the shed!"
    "I drive a Dodge Stratus!!!"
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    "I drive a Dodge Stratus!!!"
    lol, that line is what I think of when I think of him on SNL

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Here's a similar thread from '05 to mine for ideas.

In case any of you don't know SNL has canned Kenan Thompson, Horatio Sanz, and Chris Parnell. Rachel Dratch and Tina Fey left to do another show, 30 Rock. Darrell Hammond may also be gone.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/08/23/up...mpson-off-snl/
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck
    In case any of you don't know SNL has canned Kenan Thompson, Horatio Sanz, and Chris Parnell. Rachel Dratch and Tina Fey left to do another show, 30 Rock. Darrell Hammond may also be gone.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/08/23/up...mpson-off-snl/
    Wow, it was bad enough when they were there... who's left?

Currently, that would make Amy Poehler the star. She is, IMO, pure comedy. Losing Rachel Dratch and Tina Fey will hurt a lot. They were both really good.

Chris Parnell and Kenan Thompson were expendable. Kenan never was very funny, IMO. Parnell, while funny, had run out his welcome. Horatio Sanz was funny, IMO, in the beginning. He was better as a background guy instead of a main character, though, so his loss won't be too difficult to overcome.

The only other cast member I can think of besides Andy Samberg that is staying (besides Poehler and possibly Hammond) are Maya Rudolph and Jason Sudeikis. I'm indifferent about both of them, although I have a hard time seeing Sudeikis excelling in the Weekend Update spot.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Dieter from Sprokets -- really funny and original, but like most of Mike Myers' characters, he eventually became ridiculously overexposed.

I also really enjoyed Jon Lovitz' Tommy Flanagan "Liar" character.

Dieter is my favorite character as well. I went to a Halloween party as Dieter last year.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy
    Dieter is my favorite character as well. I went to a Halloween party as Dieter last year.
    Awesome!! I liked Dieter too but I don't know if he was my favorite. I loved Billy Crystal's Fernando but talk about overexposed.

I wonder if Tina Fey will come back if her show doesn't do well. It's going to be rough for them if they lose Hammond but they will perservere like they have for 30 years. I recently read a book about SNL and I can't imagine staying there over 3-4 years. A very high pressure situation.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I wonder if Tina Fey will come back if her show doesn't do well. It's going to be rough for them if they lose Hammond but they will perservere like they have for 30 years. I recently read a book about SNL and I can't imagine staying there over 3-4 years. A very high pressure situation.
    She has indicated that she may come back sometime in the future. I heard that on the radio a while ago.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Awesome!! I liked Dieter too but I don't know if he was my favorite. I loved Billy Crystal's Fernando but talk about overexposed.

I don't have a scanner anymore, but I'll see if I can get a picture scanned. The costume turned out distrubingly good.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I would not say it's my alltime favorite, but Jimmy Fallon's impersonation of Barry Gibb is pretty dang funny. When he and Justin Timberlake did the "Barry Gibb Talk Show" I about wet my pants laughing.

Also, Darrell Hammonds impresionation of Sean Connery on Jepordy is over-the-top funny to me. I don't know how he combined Connery with the cranky & foul old man, but it was comic gold.

Not my all time favorites but two pretty good ones.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    Also, Darrell Hammonds impresionation of Sean Connery on Jepordy is over-the-top funny to me. I don't know how he combined Connery with the cranky & foul old man, but it was comic gold.
    Gotta admit that was pretty good. How about Will Farrell's Robert Goulet?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?